[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roeth out for the year

Big John

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Wow that is huge.  While the backup didn't look bad stick a fork in the Steelers season, no playoffs again and some possible long term rebuilding depending on how Ben does after surgery.

Ravens division to lose now. Browns need to show us something tonight for people to take them seriously. I'm pulling for them 

• Like 1

I am not a Steelers fan at all, but I don't like seeing players go done for for a significant amount of time or a season or more. I think Ben will have to re-evaluate his career to see if he wants to hang it up after some time passes on this.

1 minute ago, SassyCassie said:

I am not a Steelers fan at all, but I don't like seeing players go done for for a significant amount of time or a season or more. I think Ben will have to re-evaluate his career to see if he wants to hang it up after some time passes on this.

He's been looking for an excuse to retire, this may be it. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

He's been looking for an excuse to retire, this may be it. 

I wouldn't be surprised. he will be 38 when he comes back. If his elbow is still aching I wouldn't be surprised a preseason retirement announcement from Ben next season.

15 hours ago, SassyCassie said:

With AB and L. Bell gone they are a totally different looking team. 

Connor showed he was capable of replacing Bell last year, and JuJu isn't chopped liver. Steelers always seem to find some good WR and bring them along. I think too many people are seeing Ben down and somehow justifying their views that even with Ben this team wasn't any good. As somebody who follows them closely as a division rival, I won't count them as down and out until their record reflects that for a couple of seasons. Same as when the Pats lose a game or two, or even have a key player like Brady miss the season (the were 11-5 that year). 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Connor showed he was capable of replacing Bell last year, and JuJu isn't chopped liver. Steelers always seem to find some good WR and bring them along. I think too many people are seeing Ben down and somehow justifying their views that even with Ben this team wasn't any good. As somebody who follows them closely as a division rival, I won't count them as down and out until their record reflects that for a couple of seasons. Same as when the Pats lose a game or two, or even have a key player like Brady miss the season (the were 11-5 that year). 

I just have to see more games how Mason Rudolph can run the offense. If he is capable of doing that they will win games, but for me it is a wait and see.

Just now, SassyCassie said:

I just have to see more games how Mason Rudolph can run the offense. If he is capable of doing that they will win games, but for me it is a wait and see.

That's fine but that is different from your remark that I commented on. I don't disagree and think the PIT offense as a whole takes a major hit with the loss of Ben. But they were not some untalented nobodies after losing Bell/AB, which is what I've heard other fans say, because they never heard of Connor or Juju, since they don't really follow the sport.

PS  If you play fantasy football you need to follow the sport closely. 

42 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

That's fine but that is different from your remark that I commented on. I don't disagree and think the PIT offense as a whole takes a major hit with the loss of Ben. But they were not some untalented nobodies after losing Bell/AB, which is what I've heard other fans say, because they never heard of Connor or Juju, since they don't really follow the sport.

PS  If you play fantasy football you need to follow the sport closely. 

If Bell didn't hold out do you think Connor would be who he is today? Maybe it is possible, but if Bell would have gotten his contract by the Steelers nobody would even know who Connor is. Juju on the other hand is a talent. I do watch football, but I certainly am not going to say I am an expert on the sport. Far from it. I am a couch football fan and I think the majority of people on this forum unless they get paid to do this sort of thing are just that. I follow the sport, but I also have other things I put my energy towards as well.

54 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

People are freaking out the we are 0-2. We played an unreal defense in NE at Gillette where we always suck. Then played a really well coached, HOF QB lead Seahawks team and were leading before Ben went down. On the flip side, the Ravens, who some 'experts' are calling the 3rd best team in the AFC played the Dolphins and Struggledat home with a rookie lead Cardinals team. I think this division is winnable by all 4 teams, assuming Mason can be even Marginal. 

19 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

People are freaking out the we are 0-2. We played an unreal defense in NE at Gillette where we always suck. Then played a really well coached, HOF QB lead Seahawks team and were leading before Ben went down. On the flip side, the Ravens, who some 'experts' are calling the 3rd best team in the AFC played the Dolphins and Struggledat home with a rookie lead Cardinals team. I think this division is winnable by all 4 teams, assuming Mason can be even Marginal. 

There is no way the Bengals win the division. And I think the Steelers take a major step backwards and probably finish 3rd. Even after a pretty good showing against the Jets I'm not sold on the Browns complete turnaround. They could still struggle (OL has issues, Baker too) and fail to finish above .500   I do agree the Ravens beat 2 pretty bad teams. Browns have a brutal stretch now (Rams, @Ravens, @49ers, Seahawks, bye, @Pats) so they're not going to be leading anything at the halfway point. 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

That's homer talk right there, but I appreciate it.