[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is a blocked punt returned for a TD a ST score?

T-Scorp

Our league awards ST/D points for ST/D points allowed.  Yesterday NE blocked a punt and returned it for a TD.  

MFL only shows Buffalo allowing 9 points.   This would lead me to believe it is not counting the TD as a ST TD 

Anyone else run into this???

8 minutes ago, T-Scorp said:

Our league awards ST/D points for ST/D points allowed.  Yesterday NE blocked a punt and returned it for a TD.  

MFL only shows Buffalo allowing 9 points.   This would lead me to believe it is not counting the TD as a ST TD 

Anyone else run into this???

Depends on the league I guess but that should be a ST touchdown. Contact the commish. 

Sounds like a confusing setup or maybe I need more coffee. Is this a combined ST/D thing or separate? Aren't virtually all points allowed by D or ST? (Only a TD on int/fumble recovery or a safety were allowed by the offense.)

But yes, that should be a special teams TD. I see it on my CBS setup under Special Teams - to clarify I see that category showing there. We do not use ST, only D position, and there is no TD scored there for Pats D.

Edited by stevegrab

Steve,  on MFL you can set it up as points scored by ST and Offense only.   That way you are not penalized for the offense giving up

Edited by T-Scorp

Just checked all my leagues in ESPN

-Anything that is points for the Defense when the Offense is on the field, it doesn't count against the D/ST

For example, the TB fumble recovery for a TD did not count against the Rams D and the Peters pick 6 did not count against the Bucs D

-Anything that happens when the Special Teams is on the field, counts against the D/ST

The Patriots Blocked Punt for TD counted just as it would if there was a punt or kickoff return for TD.

Buffalo's D/ST allowed 16 points in all my leagues

45 minutes ago, T-Scorp said:

Steve,  on MFL you can set it up as points scored by ST and Offense only.   That way you are not penalized for the offense giving up

Post a screen shot of your def st scoring rules..

Typically a blocked punt td would go against the def/st yes. 

2 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Just checked all my leagues in ESPN

-Anything that is points for the Defense when the Offense is on the field, it doesn't count against the D/ST

For example, the TB fumble recovery for a TD did not count against the Rams D and the Peters pick 6 did not count against the Bucs D

In this scenario the subsequent PAT or 2pt conv would go against the def/st 

46 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

In this scenario the subsequent PAT or 2pt conv would go against the def/st 

Yes it would because it was a result of the offense/st score. 

Conversely a pat after a defensive score does not count in the points allowed 

2 minutes ago, T-Scorp said:

Conversely a pat after a defensive score does not count in the points allowed 

Huh? Absolutely should ? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. 

These are hypothetical scenarios

Pats offense scores a td vs Buffalo defense. 6 pts plus PAT count vs Buffalo Def/ST

Pats defense pick six on buffalo offense. 6 pts don't count vs Buffalo Def/ST but the PAT does 

Pats blocked punt score TD on Buffalo special teams. 6pts plus Pat count vs the Buffalo Def/ST. 

Again this is all dependant on how you have your league setup. You haven't answered that yet. 

1 hour ago, T-Scorp said:

Is the bolded how you have it setup because your statement only alludes to the website abilities and not your actual setting. 

2 hours ago, T-Scorp said:

Gourdeau

here is our scoring set up for what I am referring to.

1937F771-2B23-4964-BADB-C75D1CED464D.png

No return yards awarded ? If not, Bills Def/ST should have been awarded 7 total points ,5 for 16 points against and 2 for and INT. They had 117 return yards also which normally is a 1 pt for 50 yards. Sometimes leagues set it at 1 for 25 yards.