[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SAN FRAN VS ATLANTA

APD3056

Assuming he didn't have another fumble in the game (I was traveling, so didn't get to see much football yesterday), it counted against Mostert in my ESPN scoring.

I'd argue that it shouldn't though.  If you're getting return yards, TDs, etc. for a player on ST, then yes.  But if you just have D/ST scoring, I don't think it should count against an individual player that's part of that D/ST...

10 minutes ago, Def. said:

ESPN doesn't differentiate for just fumbles on offense, all fumbles lost are fumbles no matter why they're on the field.  Its a simplistic free hosting system and you get what you get. 

This. It's funny because if their player returns a TD on special teams people would crying for the TD to count for the player, even if it's a special teams play. Can't have it both ways. 

1 minute ago, Red Storm said:

Guess I will see what they say.  Never hurts to try and lobby for a reversal.  Sent an email and left a message a bit ago.  My big complaint is that a player is credited with a fumble on special teams, yet not able to obtain yardage credit. I know this is a stretch.

Yup, it's a stretch. 

4 minutes ago, Shaft said:

This. It's funny because if their player returns a TD on special teams people would crying for the TD to count for the player, even if it's a special teams play. Can't have it both ways. 

Had Mostert returned that for a TD, both the DST and Mostert would have been given credit for the TD

31 minutes ago, Red Storm said:

Had Mostert returned that for a TD, both the DST and Mostert would have been given credit for the TD

If this is true, then the commissioner/manager that setup the league changed some of the options for the site.  Honestly, I find this either hard to believe or incredibly stupid.  I know for a fact the base settings for free leagues do not give PR or KR TDs to the player, and if changed the person setting it up should of removed ST scoring from the DT/ST.  

Regardless, it still does not change the fact that ESPN does not differentiate on fumbles for their free hosting site.  You'd be better off bringing your case to the commissioner to have a manual correction done.     

• Like 1