[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

will answer questions

Avernus

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just make sure you follow the fantasy advice primer before posting...

shoot away..

572819[/snapback]

I'm trying to trade to get Deuce McAllister. Who do you think will do better/put up better FFL numbers the rest of the season, McAllister or Jamal Lewis? Thanks Avernus :D

I'm trying to trade to get Deuce McAllister. Who do you think will do better/put up better FFL numbers the rest of the season, McAllister or Jamal Lewis? Thanks Avernus  :D

573278[/snapback]

I haven't liked Jamal ALL season...Deuce is clearly a better fantasy performer...if not for being in a better offense....then for him posing a threat in the pass attack...as was seen last week...

hope that was helpful and happy turlkey day :D

torn between 2 defences, out of these 2 which would you fell more confident in starting each week regardless of matchups. also, i posted a previous question about the future status of ricky williams, what do you think? is this guy ever going to get his head out of his ass and play some football.

Edited by The Darkside

Eric Johnson or Dallas Clark Te amndatory league with 1 pt for 10 yards rec and 6 pt TD

573373[/snapback]

start Clark on turlkey day...Johnson had 2 great weeks and a bunch of subpar weeks...on a mediocre offense...

I'd much rather take my chances with a TE who is apart of a monstrous offense who just steamrolls all opponents...

the chances are higher..

I love your Avatar, and enjoy all your avatars...

Hey Avenus, I don't want to push my luck but I have 2-positions that are giving me grief again. Scoring is standard perf with 1-pt per catch and 6-pts for all td's.

Brian Griese @ Carolina. - I think Brooks is pretty much a crapshoot right now...especially against a good falcons defense...Griese should put up some nice numbers as the Panthers have been scoring lately...

RB- M Pittman @ Carolina. - DD is almost a crapshoot anymore...he might get his TD...but lacks in yardage....Pittman, on the other hand is playing like an accelerated version of DD with his pass catching skills and ability to break the long one...while netting a score or 2...especially against a suspect panther run D...

good luck this week and happy turlkey day :D

573157[/snapback]

Thanks, and happy turkey day also. :D

Chris Brown @ Houston

Reggie Wayne @ Detroit

Pittman @ Carolina

Julius Jones vs Chicago

Need to pick 2 outta these 4.

6 pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 yds reception/rushing, 0.5 pts per catch

My early thinking is going with Pittman and JJ. I don't know much about Detroit's pass D but it doesn't really matter when they play the Colts. The question is, can Wayne replicate last week's performance with another multiple TD effort? Prior to last week, he's had 3 weeks with a TD grab and moderate yards/catches. I'm thinking that's what he likely goes back to, so an every down back might be a better play this week.

I'm a little gun-shy on Brown as well, but if Fisher's motivational ploys work the way they've been known to, he could have a big game too. I might then pull the inexperienced JJ for Brown.

'Afternoon Avernus!

Wanted to get your take in addition to Hugh's on whether to put Julius Jones into my lineup this weekend instead of A. Green, LT, Randy Moss, Harrison, or Horn.

Standard scoring w/ 1 point per 15 yards and 6 points per TD.

I know you think I should keep Moss in there and LT is a given. Should I stand pat with the other guys?

Thank you so much.

Chris Brown @ Houston

Reggie Wayne @ Detroit

Pittman @ Carolina

Julius Jones vs Chicago

Need to pick 2 outta these 4.

6 pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 yds reception/rushing, 0.5 pts per catch

My early thinking is going with Pittman and JJ. I don't know much about Detroit's pass D but it doesn't really matter when they play the Colts. The question is, can Wayne replicate last week's performance with another multiple TD effort? Prior to last week, he's had 3 weeks with a TD grab and moderate yards/catches. I'm thinking that's what he likely goes back to, so an every down back might be a better play this week.

I'm a little gun-shy on Brown as well, but if Fisher's motivational ploys work the way they've been known to, he could have a big game too. I might then pull the inexperienced JJ for Brown.

573536[/snapback]

I don't have alot of time for any elaborate explanation...

but start wayne and Pittman...the rest are behind by a mile with Brown pretty much day to day and JJ seriously unproven...plus wayne is on primetime tomorrow...

good luck and happy turlkey day :D

Edited by Avernus

Better choice  at QB this week :doah:  Carr vs TEN or Griese @ CAR?

573543[/snapback]

I'd say Griese with Jurevicious back in full swing and the Panthers now moving the ball on offense which will force the Bucs to move the ball as well..

good luck this week and happy turlkey day :D

'Afternoon Avernus!

Wanted to get your take in addition to Hugh's on whether to put Julius Jones into my lineup this weekend instead of A. Green, LT, Randy Moss, Harrison, or Horn.

Standard scoring w/ 1 point per 15 yards and 6 points per TD.

I know you think I should keep Moss in there and LT is a given. Should I stand pat with the other guys?

Thank you so much.

573547[/snapback]

no way jose....keep Moss in there...he's good to go...

good luck this week...happy turlkey day to ya :D

With my trade deadline looming and a lot of offers back and forth, I can trade Portis and Mcallister for Holmes. I know it seems like a lot for Holmes but I really only need him for the playoffs. I'm in a 6 man league with scoring as such:

2 pts/att

1pt/10 yrds

2 pts/rec

6 pts/td

My starters are Dillon, C. Brown, and Westbrook.

Portis' decline over the last few weeks worries me and Mcallister must face Atlanta and Carolina in the Playoffs. I already have a playoff berth so I can wait for Holmes to heal(if he does). The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the fact that Washington has no passing game and I get 2 pts for every rushing attempt. Too bad Portis has only had 17 attempts in both of his last 2 games, one of which was against a shaky Eagles run D. Sorry it's so long, I just wanted to show everything I'm looking at. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Who-Dey!

With my trade deadline looming and a lot of offers back and forth, I can trade Portis and Mcallister for Holmes.  I know it seems like a lot for Holmes but I really only need him for the playoffs.  I'm in a 6 man league with scoring as such:

2 pts/att

1pt/10 yrds

2 pts/rec

6 pts/td

My starters are Dillon, C. Brown, and Westbrook.

Portis' decline over the last few weeks worries me and Mcallister must face Atlanta and Carolina in the Playoffs.  I already have a playoff berth so I can wait for Holmes to heal(if he does). The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the fact that Washington has no passing game and I get 2 pts for every rushing attempt. Too bad Portis has only had 17 attempts in both of his last 2 games, one of which was against a shaky Eagles run D.  Sorry it's so long, I just wanted to show everything I'm looking at. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!

573613[/snapback]

I honestly would just stand pat....you don't know if Holmes is even coming back...especially if they are seriously out of a playoff hunt...they may just let him have the rest of the season off....

just stick with what you have as Deuce seems to be warming up down the stretch with numbers that increase almost by the weekly...

good luck and happy turlkey day :D

Need to start two WRs

Nate Burleson

Javon Walker

Darrell Jackson

Chris Chambers

David Patten

I'm thinking Walker and Chambers, what do you think

574552[/snapback]

agreed...Feeley likes to throw the deep ball...that favors Chambers...and then you have Walker on MNF....plus he's on the verge of stud status....

good luck this week