[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago

Ursa Majoris

Been a Chicago fan now for more years than I care to remember, but watching today's game at Dallas has made me more enraged, embarrassed and sad with my team than I've ever been before.

There is not a single thing that is good about this offense, not one. It's pointless even calling for the backup QB, he's as worthless as the starter. The WRs are uniformly appaling, the TE must be in a lounger in Barbados, because he sure as $hit isn't in Dallas, the RBs are unable to do anything remotely resembling penetration and the O-line appears totally demoralized. It's a display of utter ineptitude worthy of the Three Stooges, it's a f'n national joke, and I'm f'n sick of it!! :D

The playcalling is so bad it defies belief, but at least you can understand that the OC has to make the calls within the capabilities of his players, which is effectively zero. Talking of the OC, how did he manage to talk Smith into taking Quinn as the backup RB?

I have no idea how we're going to improve from here, this is the worst offense in the history of the NFL.

Which set me to thinking - who was the last Chicago offensive player worth a fart in the last 15 years? Has there been any worthwhile player since Payton retired? Anybody? :D

OK, I'm done. Back to your turkey.

Somebody on that staff needs to lose their job over the Quinn thing. That's two or three games they could have won with a reasonable back-up. I can't believe as bad as Quinn has been in games that they couldn't see there were problems with him in practice.

How can Quinn still be on the roster? He should be cut on the plane on the way home and if they have to then go sign Jeff George.

Also all this talk about Thomas Jones and frankly he has not look significantly better than A-Train, he sure doesn't appear to have the skills his brother just showed.

Ima drop the ravens D and just play chicago's opponents for the rest of the way B) watching this game made me sick to my stomach....what a joke. i can't believe the entire country had to watch that $hit :D and those poor troops overseas...look at what we put them through :D it's just not fair...i'm never watching a bears game again. ugh....i feel dirty now....ima take a shower.

:D

Been a Chicago fan now for more years than I care to remember, but watching today's game at Dallas has made me more enraged, embarrassed and sad with my team than I've ever been before.

There is not a single thing that is good about this offense, not one.  It's pointless even calling for the backup QB, he's as worthless as the starter.  The WRs are uniformly appaling, the TE must be in a lounger in Barbados, because he sure as $hit isn't in Dallas, the RBs are unable to do anything remotely resembling penetration and the O-line appears totally demoralized.  It's a display of utter ineptitude worthy of the Three Stooges, it's a f'n national joke, and I'm f'n sick of it!!  B)

The playcalling is so bad it defies belief, but at least you can understand that the OC has to make the calls within the capabilities of his players, which is effectively zero.  Talking of the OC, how did he manage to talk Smith into taking Quinn as the backup RB? 

I have no idea how we're going to improve from here, this is the worst offense in the history of the NFL. 

Which set me to thinking - who was the last Chicago offensive player worth a fart in the last 15 years?  Has there been any worthwhile player since Payton retired?  Anybody?  :D 

OK, I'm done.  Back to your turkey.

575586[/snapback]

I've been a Bears fan since 1984. Yes, what we saw on Thanksgiving is frustrating and embarrassing.

They traded only good receiver, Marty Booker, to Miami to get Ogunleye. They took OC Aaron Shea's word that Quinn knew the offense and could run it. Quinn is not an NFL qb, plain and simple. Krenzel is a rookie and is probably doing the best he can. I think Thomas Jones will be fine, but he can't do it all alone. As a Michigan football fan, it pains me to say this, but here is the truth about David Terrell: He is a major bust!!!

They obviously need to rebuild the offense in this coming offseason. Free agent wr's, or draft somebody, whatever. This is going to get worse before it gets better. :D

:D

I've been a Bears fan since 1984.  Yes, what we saw on Thanksgiving is frustrating and embarrassing.

They traded only good receiver, Marty Booker, to Miami to get Ogunleye.  They took OC Aaron Shea's word that Quinn knew the offense and could run it.  Quinn is not an NFL qb, plain and simple.  Krenzel is a rookie and is probably doing the best he can.  I think Thomas Jones will be fine, but he can't do it all alone.  As a Michigan football fan, it pains me to say this, but here is the truth about David Terrell:  He is a major bust!!!

They obviously need to rebuild the offense in this coming offseason.  Free agent wr's, or draft somebody, whatever.  This is going to get worse before it gets better.  B)

575730[/snapback]

I agree, except I cannot see how it could possibly get worse. Look at the QB fumbles - it must be an NFL record, especially when you consider three of the fumbles recently have been center to QB exchanges! Unbelievable. :D

140 total yards of offense, 98 of those to Thomas Jones - the rest of them managed 42 yards between them. This wasn't the Patriots or Eagles we were playing, it was Dallas, who are hardly in great shape themselves. It's really hard to see how things could actually be worse.

If I was a Bears defensive player, I would be so angry at the offense, I'd likely go postal on them.

The other thing that "frost my a$$" is where is the urgency from Lovie on this?

Chad Hutchinson is worse than the two guys that played today? Why is he still on the team then? This was a winnable game, the Redskins game was a winnable game and so was the Bucs game. With a real NFL type QB backup, like say even Shane "freaking" Matthews, they should have won two of those three. How could Smith look at these guys and not be screaming at the top of his lungs to Angelo to get him someone in here that can play. I know Jeff George has a reputation, but could he be any worse? As Pam Oliver reported there was a lot of grumbling from Bears players as they went to the locker room at the half. Is this a good thing to have in your first year as head coach?

The other thing that "frost my a$$" is where is the urgency from Lovie on this?

Chad Hutchinson is worse than the two guys that played today? Why is he still on the team then? This was a winnable game, the Redskins game was a winnable game and so was the Bucs game. With a real NFL type QB backup, like say even Shane "freaking" Matthews, they should have won two of those three. How could Smith look at these guys and not be screaming at the top of his lungs to Angelo to get him someone in here that can play. I know Jeff George has a reputation, but could he be any worse? As Pam Oliver reported there was a lot of grumbling from Bears players as they went to the locker room at the half. Is this a good thing to have in your first year as head coach?

575744[/snapback]

That's a great point - how could Hutchinson be worse? All I'm looking for at this stage is avoiding total embarrassment, which is what we got today. I don't even want to make the playoffs, crappy as the NFC is, I just want to not throw up when I see the Bears on TV.

Not much to ask, surely?

I agree, except I cannot see how it could possibly get worse.  Look at the QB fumbles - it must be an NFL record, especially when you consider three of the fumbles recently have been center to QB exchanges!  Unbelievable.  :D

140 total yards of offense, 98 of those to Thomas Jones - the rest of them managed 42 yards between them.  This wasn't the Patriots or Eagles we were playing, it was Dallas, who are hardly in great shape themselves.  It's really hard to see how things could actually be worse.

If I was a Bears defensive player, I would be so angry at the offense, I'd likely go postal on them.

575742[/snapback]

here is the amazing part, not that 98 yards of total offense is anything to brag about ( although behind this regressing offensive line its not bad ), but in the case of this team it is surely the best option, yet he only had 20 total touches in the game. hard to believe that the only playmaking option on your offense only touches it 20 times.

here is the amazing part, not that 98 yards of total offense is anything to brag about ( although behind this regressing offensive line its not bad ), but in the case of this team it is surely the best option, yet he only had 20 total touches in the game.  hard to believe that the only playmaking option on your offense only touches it 20 times.

575747[/snapback]

Well the problem is no one else scares the opponents at all, not even a little bit. And even if say Terrell did demand some respect (though I think that's unlikely) it's not like Quinn or Krenzel can get him the ball on any consistent basis. It looked like they had 10 or 11 men in the box at times, so running the ball consistenly was out of the question. Seriously some people up in Halas Hall should be fired for this. If Shea was that wrong about Quinn I really have to wonder about him. What the heck is Lovie doing leaving Quinn in there? Why wasn't Lovie in Jerry Angelo's office after the first time he saw Quinn play telling him Quinn has to go and you have to get me another QB from somewhere?

The first year I really watched the Bears was 1971 and their two QBs (Bobby Douglass and Kent Nix) were a combined 142 for 362, a 39% completion rate. They threw for 1924 yards with 11 TDs and 26 INTs between them. I'm not sure they weren't better than the two guys they put out there today.

Edited by Neon Owl

You guys have it all wrong. They are fine...it's just that they are missing Brian Urlacher. He is that team's general. The OL forgets their blocking assignments because #54 isn't there to inspire them. The QB's are pretty good actually, but without #54 in the lineup, he's not there to pump them up after he runs off the field....and the defense, don't even get me started. I doubt any of the players even know where to line up on any given play without him, and without him out there telling all his team mates to run faster and wrap up better, they just plain forget.

Don't worry Bears fans, when Urlacher makes it back into the lineup, the whole team will look great again...trust me. :D