[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oakland homers; Fargas, the poor mans..

hapicamp

...Julius Jones?

I haven't seen Fargus once this year, that i REMEMBER (did i just hit it there,lol ).

I'm looking for insight, reason is a belief that much of the same scenario that is giving Julius 30 carries a game needs to be played out in Oakland with Fargus, 1) team needs to know if they need to spend a draft pick there or not 2) the team has seen what a Amos Z. backfield gives them. (3) Wheatleys hammy may or may not linger.

Anyone who has actually seen Fargas (that part keeps cracking me up - "anyone who ...actually seen") TV or live, I would appreciate hearing what you think of him for this year.

( looking at him as depth at position, no burning need, but carries make him viable, if he is heading toward getting them etc etc )

cheers

Not that I know anything special, but I expect an unproductive RRBC approach to play second fiddle to Collins passing about 40 times.

581314[/snapback]

yea, lotta' passing...

.. AND you are right, doesn't even pass the don't-draft-good-players-from-bad-teams smell test to me right now, lol

cheers

I would think that he would be getting some valuable time down the stretch, i don't know if he's an every down back, but they need to find out what they have.........while he's healthy  :D

581328[/snapback]

RBBC (w/ Amos), BUT the goal line carries guy?

Raiders passed in all 13 red zone situations last night, FYI.  Food for the Trash Can, anyways.

581375[/snapback]

Well, I beg to differ with you there. They were about ready to hand the ball of to Fargas in a Power I set, when Collins never got a hold of the snap and it was a fumble back to the 13. I think they were on the 1 at the time.

Well, I beg to differ with you there. They were about ready to hand the ball of to Fargas in a Power I set, when Collins never got a hold of the snap and it was a fumble back to the 13. I think they were on the 1 at the time.

581422[/snapback]

Okay, fair enough Gilthorp. But 1 botched handoff, relative to 13 passes in the red zone, is still a pretty skewed stat.

Also, for what it's worth, two of the thirteen passes in the red zone were to Zeroue.

Okay, fair enough Gilthorp.  But 1 botched handoff, relative to 13 passes in the red zone, is still a pretty skewed stat.

Also, for what it's worth, two of the thirteen passes in the red zone were to Zeroue.

581429[/snapback]

I don't know if all that red zone passing equates to Collins being such a selfish quarterback, or if it was the only thing working for them last night.... :D

I don't know if all that red zone passing equates to Collins being such a selfish quarterback, or if it was the only thing working for them last night.... :D

581436[/snapback]

just tossing thoughts...Fargas has not shown in any way that he may provide any kind of help (for the team), help in the way a decent running game does, help in overall gameplan/playcalling/success, help that allows a team to RU v pass all day?

Has he shown any indication of having skills that could improve the team?

just tossing thoughts...Fargas has not shown in any way that he may provide any kind of help (for the team), help in the way a decent running game does, help in overall gameplan/playcalling/success, help that allows a team to RU v pass all day?

Has he shown any indication of having skills that could improve the team?

581520[/snapback]

IMO, he's shown flashes, but nothing that can equate over an entire season.

As a member of Raider Nation, I've seen as much of Fargas as anybody, and I am simply not impressed. As others have said, he shows flashes, but so do guys like Jamel White. The Raiders need more than flashes.

I do see that the Raiders OL is slowly but surely becoming an elite unit. When the Raiders do find a true #1 RB, with the improved OL, and assuming Norv Turner is still around, I would expect that RB to put up tremendous fantasy numbers. But I do not expect Fargas to be the guy.

Ummm, I thought Fargas was Huggy Bear's kid from USC? I think that if the Raiders regarded him as highly as the Cowboy's regarded Julius Jones, he would have gotten a couple 30 carry games his rookie year. He's about to enter his 3rd year without any real work. He's a journeyman at best. But then again, Rueben Droughns was a journey man at best once upon a time, too.

Edited by General Itals

As a member of Raider Nation, I've seen as much of Fargas as anybody, and I am simply not impressed.  As others have said, he shows flashes, but so do guys like Jamel White.  The Raiders need more than flashes.

those skills huh..ok

I do see that the Raiders OL is slowly but surely becoming an elite unit.  When the Raiders do find a true #1 RB, with the improved OL, and assuming Norv Turner is still around, I would expect that RB to put up tremendous fantasy numbers.  But I do not expect Fargas to be the guy.

581794[/snapback]

1 decent O-line + 1 Fargas = oppurtunity for the next guy, ok

thanks

Ummm, I thought Fargas was Huggy Bear's kid from USC?  I think that if the Raiders regarded him as highly as the Cowboy's regarded Julius Jones, he would have gotten a couple 30 carry games his rookie year.  He's about to enter his 3rd year without any real work.  He's a journeyman at best.  But then again, Rueben Droughns was a journey man at best once upon a time, too.

581993[/snapback]

Yea, point taken re 3rd year and real work....inthat he was the junior/youngest , thought they may give him a run....i'm hearing no tho,lol

cheers

Fargas is too injury prone and I still worry about him fumbling the ball. Didn't he fumble last night IIRC? Like Controller said he has just shown flashes and I can't see him being a #1 RB.

Not that I wouldn't love for him to prove me wrong. But the Raiders haven't had a dominant RB since Marcus Allen almost 15 years ago..............

Ummm, I thought Fargas was Huggy Bear's kid from USC?

581993[/snapback]

Fargas started at Michigan in 98. He broke his leg (I think) that year. He sat out 1999.

When he came back in 2000, he was stuck behind Anthony Thomas and Chris Perry. He transferred to USC.

At Michigan, Fargas was a burner until he broke his leg.  I don't think he has been the same since then. 

Without that extra gear, I think he is pretty medicore.

581872[/snapback]

He ran a 4.38 at the combine, which I believe was a couple of years after the leg injury. He's still one of the fastest young running backs in the league. He just doesn't appear to have the other essential elements of a great back (a la Trung Canidate).