[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Sporting News

gilthorp

An interesting article will be coming out in the latest addition.

A poll of 20 NFL scouts was taken and they came up with the most over-rated player in the NFL.

The article is titled "More Hype Than Hits".

Now, this is not mindless message board posters, or fantasy football owners that they polled, but NFL Scouts.

They claim Brian Urlacher is the most over-rated player in the NFL.

At today's press conference, Lovie Smith was asked about it and he became quite perturbed--actually walking out of a press conference before it was over for the first time in his coaching tenure with the Bears.

Granted, he has been injury plagued this year, and it is looking highly doubtful that he is going to play the final three games due to his hamstring he re-injured on Sunday...but this has been a topic of debate here lately, and those of us that have been on the side of the fence that he is over-rated have been.....how should I put this.....validated.

I'll be interested in reading the article to see if there is any axe to grind, but minimally to see if they believe as I do, that he's in the wrong position on the field.

Urlacher has sick talent, but last year he was a non-factor as far as impact plays go and this year he has been injury prone.

I don't go out of my way to watch Bears' games admittedly, but he rarely takes over games against Green Bay. If you go by the adage that "big-time players make big-time plays in big games", you'd have to leave him off the list of big-timers on the Bears the past few years (not that they don't have any - Mike Brown and Tillman certainly seem to fit the bill).

:D The Bears are 5-4 with Urlacher in the line-up and 0-4 when he's not. The 9 games he has played, he hasn't even been close to 100% healthy. Urlacher is certainly not up to par this year but, to call him the most over-hyped in the NFL this year is absurd.

:D The Bears are 5-4 with Urlacher in the line-up and 0-4 when he's not.  The 9 games he has played, he hasn't even been close to 100% healthy.  Urlacher is certainly not up to par this year but, to call him the most over-hyped in the NFL this year is absurd.

611208[/snapback]

I'd like to see WHO they played and what QB was starting when Urlacher was in and out.

I have a hunch Jonathon Quinn at QB was more responsible for a couple of the 0-4 games than a missing Urlacher.

I'd like to see WHO they played and what QB was starting when Urlacher was in and out.

I have a hunch Jonathon Quinn at QB was more responsible for a couple of the 0-4 games than a missing Urlacher.

611217[/snapback]

There is no doubt about that, Chavez....but some people won't hear of that logic.

Pains me to say it as a Pats fan, but I think Ty Law is easily one of the most overrated players around.

I'm just happy that Shockey made the list - that guy is junk. j.u.n.k.

I have always thought Urlacher was overrated. Especially last year when he had a terrible year and made the pro bowl somehow. BUT .....that being said .....I am a Vikings fan and went to the game here in CHI two weeks ago. He absolutely dominated that game , he was all over the field and made big plays , including a huge interception in the red zone. That was the first time I have ever seen him live. I believe he means a lot to that defense , I would like to think MN would have won the game had Urlacher been out.