[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spyware/Anti-Virus s/w...

rocknrobn26

I took the plunge and got rid of Spysweeper & Nortons. I bought BitDefender. It supposedly covers both. Time will tell but so far I've been happy. I ran it on my LT for 2 months before buying and it worked well.

All I know so far is:

It freed up 100 Mb of RAM

My system boots 1.5 minutes faster

It seems very configureable

So far so good. Any and all comments are welcome. H8???

Running Norton and Spysweeper is a hog, having one program do both is better, Panda is great, no experience with Bit Defender.

TY, my friend! Your opinion is always appreciated and respected.

• 6 months later...

RR, How has Bitdefender worked out? I have suddenly acquired a spyware/adware problem that makes it almost impossible to surf or google search. It actually modifies the search results and pops up new windows. E-mail stopped working, so I uninstalled Norton 2002, and was going to get Bitdefender. The IT consultant for work swears by Panda, but I was going to try Bitdefender.

Linux does not get virus nor spyware and boots in 45 seconds. On the windows part I run firefox which gets little spyware and I also run spybot and adaware.

It works well enough on the defective o/s.

RR, How has Bitdefender worked out? I have suddenly acquired a spyware/adware problem that makes it almost impossible to surf or google search. It actually modifies the search results and pops up new windows. E-mail stopped working, so I uninstalled Norton 2002, and was going to get Bitdefender. The IT consultant for work swears by Panda, but I was going to try Bitdefender.

It's working just fine! No problems what so ever.

It looks like they still offer the trial and I don't think it's a stripped version, like sooo many others are. Give it a shot. I didn't go for the spam protection one. I just have their AV version #10.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/comp....t_link=SiteHome

Edited by rocknrobn26