[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS: Pick 2

Need 2 from each:

RB

S. Davis (CAR @ARI)

M. Anderson (DEN v WAS)

C. Dillon (NE @ ATL)

J. Jones (DAL v PHI)

WR

Ro. Smith (DEN v WAS)

T. Glenn (DAL v PHI)

D. Branch (NE @ ATL)

Right now I'm leaning towards the top two in each. Carolina's going to destroy Arizona and I think the over-rated Redskins finally end their luck in Mile High. As for Glenn, I think Dallas is probably going to be playing from behind, meaning some good down field looks for Glenn as they try to catch up.

Thoughts?

Need 2 from each:

RB

S. Davis (CAR @ARI)

M. Anderson (DEN v WAS)

C. Dillon (NE @ ATL)

J. Jones (DAL v PHI)

WR

Ro. Smith (DEN v WAS)

T. Glenn (DAL v PHI)

D. Branch (NE @ ATL)

Right now I'm leaning towards the top two in each.  Carolina's going to destroy Arizona and I think the over-rated Redskins finally end their luck in Mile High.  As for Glenn, I think Dallas is probably going to be playing from behind, meaning some good down field looks for Glenn as they try to catch up.

Thoughts?

1045503[/snapback]

C Dillon and J Jones

I figure to go with your best back and the one who has the most to prove...

too bad Anderson is playing washington....at home, I'd take him...except for that matchup being terrible..

Davis is a must because of his matchup...  I like jones having an OK game against Philli... I'd go with Smith and Branch at WR this week.

1045508[/snapback]

Branch worries me. He's a great WR and usually Brady's #1. Problem is they spread it around so much that either he has a good game (~95 yrd w TD) , or he gets one pass for yards.

Edited by craiginthecapital

Branch worries me.  He's a great WR and usually Brady's #1.  Problem is they spread it around so much that either he has a good game (~95 yrd w TD) , or he gets one pass for  yards.

1045516[/snapback]

I understand but I took into consideration that he had 1 catch for 6 yards last week.

Jones will probably get 80 and maybe a score

Davis hopefully gets like 30 yards and a couple of 1 yard plunges

Anderson did well against Jac. D and WAS D has allowed Shaun and Julius to have decent games

C. Dillon is PO'ed, he could go off

I think each of these guys is about equal in what they COULD do.

I would go with Anderson and Jones at home, though.

Receivers are a coin flip; none are better or more reliable than others in my opinion.

I'd stay away from Rod Smith. Denver is going to do everything they can to control the clock and run the football. I'd expect similar numbers to last week from Plummer. I just don't think Smith will get that many looks against Washington.

I'd stay away from Rod Smith.  Denver is going to do everything they can to control the clock and run the football.  I'd expect similar numbers to last week from Plummer.  I just don't think Smith will get that many looks against Washington.

1045788[/snapback]

This is a good point, though if/when they do throw the ball, Rod's safe to get 60%+ of the looks.

Anybody else?

So after all this, and reading several different views of the games, here's my revised take:

S. Davis is set to go off on the Card's D. Gotta give him the ball. Both Julius and Anderson have bad matchups against the Eagles and 'Skins, respectivley, but I like Anderson at home in Mile High against what I think is an over-rated D (Washington has not hit anyone that's been a real challenge as of yet). Dillon could be a factor, but I feel like he has to show me something first. He's just not getting the job done. Plus, I think the game could turn into a passing competition, meaning fewer 2.5 yard carries anyway.

So RBs I'm leaning towards: S. Davis/M. Anderson.

On the WR side I'm more confused (d#$^ Plaxico and his bye week!). I'd like to start Branch, but I don't want to open myself up to another "1 catch for 6 yards" week. Glenn isn't amazing, but he's probably going to have one of the better matchups for all the Dallas WR against Philly, and assuming that Dallas has to play from behind (which I think is probably a safe assumption), he's a good option down the field on some long plays. Even two of those with a TD makes him valuable. Rod Smith could have a great game, or could have just a few catches. I feel like playing both him and Anderson is almost an insurancec policy: no matter which way the Broncos get their yards, I'm getting something for it. Course that cuts the other way too: while one is getting yards, the other isn't.

All that said, I'm still leaning Rod/Terry for WR.

Guess it wasn't all that revised, just more laid out there.

Anybody else?

Edited by craiginthecapital

I feel ya Craig, but I think JJ is a much better start than Anderson-

1- RBBC- Bell is gonna get 10-15 carries, you know that

2- Skins S is overrated, I agree- Sea had them beat last week, and moved the ball on em- just think your gonna get more out of JJ-

at WR- I just refuse to buy the wheelchair gang in Dallas- I don't see Bledoe having much time to throw against Philly- he sucks when he is pressured, They are not going to keep throwing a ton every game- Glenns is not a solid option IMO

stay W/ Branch, he does put up dog games, but Brady loves him and will contiue to look for him- Good luck eihter way-

Your analogize are serving you well.

I agree with your choices: Davis and Anderson, Smith and Glenn.

I might add just one idea for you. To start both Smith and Anderson could be counterproductive. If you are in need of extra points in a game, try not to start persons from the same team. Since I do not like Branch in the least - too inconsistent - I must return to your RB choices. I look at Jones to be as effective as Anderson, and Jones has been getting the catches from the backfield even when they are losing.

My choices would be Davis & Jones + Smith & Glenn.

You had some excellent analogies, but thought you would appreciate a different view. :D