[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my granpappy owned your granpappy

Azazello1313

Genealogists have found that civil rights activist the Rev. Al Sharpton is a descendent of a slave owned by relatives of the late Sen. Strom Thurmond, a newspaper reported Sunday.

:D oh man. and given the propensity of the thurmonds to, you know, sample the juice from the darker berries, the two are probably 3rd cousins or something.

The one redeeming quality of Sharpton is that he runs for president every election with no chance of winning the nomination. That makes for entertaining sound bites during debates.

I think he's in it to get policies in the debate. He is a good talker too though.

One of my favorites (Wisconsin debate) on Bush lying to get us into Iraq.

SHARPTON: Well, first of all, I think that if he did know he was lying and was lying, that's even worse.

(LAUGHTER)

Clearly, he lied. Now if he is an unconscious liar, and doesn't realize when he's lying, then we're really in trouble.

(LAUGHTER)

Because, absolutely, it was a lie. They said they knew the weapons were there. He had members of the administration say they knew where the weapons were. So we're not just talking about something passing here. We're talking about 500 lives. We're talking about billions of dollars.

So I hope he knew he was lying, because if he didn't, and just went in some kind of crazy, psychological breakdown, then we are really in trouble.

Clearly, you know, I'm a minister. Why do people lie? Because they're liars. He lied in Florida he's lied several times. I believe he lied in Iraq.