[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Amazon pulls pre-order for Pats' 19-0 book

MTSuper7

Apprently, the Boston Globe has published a book titled "19-0: The Historic Championship Season of New England's Unbeatable Patriots." and, up until recently, it could be pre-ordered on Amazon. If I were a Pats fan, I'd consider this a bad omen.

:wacko:

Edited by MTSuper7

Apprently, the Boston Globe has published a book titled "19-0: The Historic Championship Season of New England's Unbeatable Patriots." and, up until recently, it could be pre-ordered on Amazon. If I were a Pats fan, I'd consider this a bad omen.

Hmmm, seeing the Boston Globe is a NY Times company, this whole thing is pretty fishy.

Why would anyone want to read a book about a season that just happened anyways. What is it that your going to learn that you already don't know from reading the newpaper, watching games, etc.

It would be a good book if it was realeased in 30 years.

I love it ..just the bad karma i was looking for

its worked each week for the Giants so far

first was the thread Irish posted NFC CHampionship game between Packers and Cowboys ( this was before the Giants cowboys game )

next against pack , i had posted this threa before the Giants - Pack game My thread

Giants won both these games ..and now with this , thread and story , Giants will win again

first was the thread Irish posted NFC CHampionship game between Packers and Cowboys ( this was before the Giants cowboys game )

next against pack , i had posted this threa before the Giants - Pack game My thread

Giants won both these games ..and now with this , thread and story , Giants will win again

I guess you stopped reading after the first post in this thread. Otherwise you'd realize there is a Giants book pre-order as well.

Yeah i just read a blurb saying in order to get it out on the market, quickly, they are always prepared in advance...Giants got one...so do Pats....curious what happens to the books for the LOSING team.......Its similar to Championship tee shirts and hats.....you KNOW each team have them prepared for sunday.......bad karma...jinx......whatever......at this point in the season, teams could care less....They just want to play the game.....

Example, Burress saying the Giants will win........would you expect him to say, hey, we had a great year, but I think the Pats will win, 23 to 17....Good for him....you play to WIN.....he didnt guarantee a win...

So some idiot woman won't come to the game is Green Bay bad karma? That's quite a stretch man.

Yeah i just read a blurb saying in order to get it out on the market, quickly, they are always prepared in advance...Giants got one...so do Pats....curious what happens to the books for the LOSING team.......Its similar to Championship tee shirts and hats.....you KNOW each team have them prepared for sunday.......bad karma...jinx......whatever......at this point in the season, teams could care less....They just want to play the game.....

Example, Burress saying the Giants will win........would you expect him to say, hey, we had a great year, but I think the Pats will win, 23 to 17....Good for him....you play to WIN.....he didnt guarantee a win...

I'm sure the loser's book just doesn't go to print. As for the hats and T-shirts I believe they are shipped to Africa. I've seen SuperBowl Champion Buffalo Bills hats and T-Shirts worn on TV.

The worst jinx is that the city of Boston has said if they win, the Victory parade will be on Tuesday.....local radio stations are ticked off, saying that's the WORST Jinx......The mayor came on one local radio station saying that plans need to be made in advance, just in case, as a lot of planning, coordinating goes into it.....With the Pro Bowl the following weekend, players appeariing in the Pro Bowl leave that Wed, so he said Tuesday is the only logical choice......

Still don't like announcing plans for a parade, in advance....!!

Why would anyone want to read a book about a season that just happened anyways. What is it that your going to learn that you already don't know from reading the newpaper, watching games, etc.

It would be a good book if it was realeased in 30 years.

Hmmm. :wacko: 15 yards for not starting your post with "Hmmm"

I'm sure the loser's book just doesn't go to print. As for the hats and T-shirts I believe they are shipped to Africa. I've seen SuperBowl Champion Buffalo Bills hats and T-Shirts worn on TV.

They don't really do that mass production anymore on t-shirts, hats, etc., probably just a few for advertising.

Printers are ready to start printing in mass right after the game.

I happened to score a room at the NFC Team Hotel (Panthers) in Houston in 2003. Obviously, the NFL had a souvenir table in the lobby selling all the Superbowl crap.

When the Pats won, we wanted a hat and the woman we saw at the booth everyday was pretty cool, she was like "they don't want us to sell the hat here tonight, the Panthers are coming back for their party". They actually had staff in 2 or 3 rooms upstairs ironing on the Pats logo to the front of the hats. She said she'd go up to the room and grab a couple hats to sell us on the down-low, I wanted to go up and see this mickey mouse operation but she said she couldn't.

I asked if they had the Panther logo up there and she said yes, but if they do not return the exact amount of Panther logos back to the NFL, they'd be hit with a huge fine.

Edited by charty

The worst jinx is that the city of Boston has said if they win, the Victory parade will be on Tuesday.....local radio stations are ticked off, saying that's the WORST Jinx......The mayor came on one local radio station saying that plans need to be made in advance, just in case, as a lot of planning, coordinating goes into it.....With the Pro Bowl the following weekend, players appeariing in the Pro Bowl leave that Wed, so he said Tuesday is the only logical choice......

Still don't like announcing plans for a parade, in advance....!!

The part you left out is it's the Massachusetts primary that day. So I'm sure voter rights groups noticed that the Pats have had their parade on the Tuesday after the Superbowl the last few times and inquired to the city when the parade would be.

Now the state elections commission and the city of Boston are arguing about how it will or will not impact voters.

Tom Brady went to a NY night-club that must be a jinx too.

....at least he no longer wears his YANKEES hat.....!!!

hey, if i had a gf like Giselle.....and she owned a million plus condo in manhattan...and had a few days off, damn straight i'd be on a plane to NYC...

Course he could have gone and visited his son, too!!.

Both teams have shirts, hats, posters etc. that you can pre-order. This is nothing new.

Example :

Here is a Giants 2008 SuperBowl Champion book you can pre-order on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Giants-Supe.../dp/1596703075/

Here's what Giant's fan Patrick Bateman says about the new Giants book:

This was not only the most entertaining book I've ever read, but it also provided insights I never knew. I had no idea that Tom Coughlin was driven to succeed by his intense hatred of Asians, or that Amani Toomer was sodomized as a child.

The best part had to be the chapter about Jeff Feagles career, although it did take up over 90 pages.