[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Atomic pwns TimC

wiegie

12-20 minutes to "re-fuel" after a 1/4 mile race. :D

Did you see around 4:30 when Bier's Blitzkrieg got smoked? 11.96 is most impressive though. That thing just screams out of the hole. I've seen drag races with snowmobiles on the track that are about the same. Fast as hell out of the shot and then just prays it doesn't get reeled in before you run out of track.

The real question is are the evil traitor Democrat hippies gonna let us build nuclear plants to help pump all this extra electricity required to the end user? This biggest question with electric cars has always been range. That's what needs to be addressed instead of quickness.

Still, I hope he makes it work (without getting killed by the auto lobbyists). I think the city dwellers that don't travel far could go electric while some (like me that live out in the country) could still maintain gas engines for the distance. It really doesn't have to be one or the other...despite what the Big 3 think.

My dick is still bigger than Atomic's though. :wacko:

The real question is are the evil traitor Democrat hippies gonna let us build nuclear plants to help pump all this extra electricity required to the end user? This biggest question with electric cars has always been range. That's what needs to be addressed instead of quickness.

Yeah, for a fully functioning family car, it really needs a 300 mile range or so. Even for a commuter, it should be able to do 100 miles or so to be relied upon. My car may only do 50, so it's a hobby for sure.

So, all that range requires is more batteries. If you hook the batteries up in series, you get more power... if you hook the batteries up in parallel, you get more range. With a sufficiently light battery like Lithium Ion, you can get both range and power in abundance... but right now that means like $50K of batteries alone. That's why the Tesla is so pricey out of the gate. Unless production costs come down, it's a luxury item only.