[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In what was considered impossible, Republican Scott Brown defeats Democrat Martha Coakley and becomes the next senator of Massachusetts.

moneymakers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is when it was a big sham in the first place.

So now what will we have? Proposed policy likely never to make it into law because party lines will snuff out anything the other wants to get done. Even if its sound, it won't get passed because the bitter Rebubs want to stick it to Obama if for no other reason than they are frustrated that change didn't happen overnight. America is frustrated....I'm frustrated....but I know change doesn't happen overnight.

Apparently, Mass voters grew impatient, and more likely, just scared of change.

Hooray! We are a country at a standstill. Someone buy me a beer.

it was said that Martha Coakley would move into office immediately if elected - let's see if the same will be done for Brown...

Already been announced that the call will be made confirming his election tomorrow.

Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin said he would notify the U.S. Senate on Wednesday that Brown had been elected. Originally, he had said he might take over two weeks to certify the results of the special election, giving Democrats a window in which to try to rush through final passage of Obama's health care plan.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., promised to seat Brown "as soon as the proper paperwork has been received."

Here's to that dreamboat who change politics as we know it. : :wacko:

I think you need to step back and try to understand what just happened to you. I guess my first response would be anger like yours as well. Take a couple of days to compose yourself and put some thought into why one of the most LIBERAL states in the nation just rejected liberal politics. This was clearly a referendum on Democratic polices and leadership.

Edited by tosberg34

Quite honestly, Coakley sat back thinking she had the race won.

Once the people got a sniff of that, coupled with some determined campaigning from Brown,

they decided not to rubber stamp this election. Democracy at it's best.

I agree with swammi, this may very well cause a stand still for the country

which is not what we need right now. Many of the problems we face as a Nation, sadly, will not get resolved.

Some will say that is a good thing because they didn't like the direction they were going anyway.

So get used to what you have now. You may have it for a long time to come. It took 8 years to create many

of the difficult problems we face. They can not, or could not, be resolved in 1 year. One republican senator

will not make everything better.....get used to what you have now.

This was clearly a referendum on Democratic polices and leadership.

I disagree, to a degree. While some may have voted because they disagreed with some of the policy being implemented (as do I), I think the majority of them, especially the mid-to-lower class, are frightened and scared, and mostly impatient. They were promised change...and are not educated enough to know why it hasn't happened in only 10 months. The Republican strategy was to prey on this impatience, and it paid off in spades.

Congrats on the win....

now what?

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I disagree, to a degree. While some may have voted because they disagreed with some of the policy being implemented (as do I), I think the majority of them, especially the mid-to-lower class, are frightened and scared, and mostly impatient. They were promised change...and are not educated enough to know why it hasn't happened in only 10 months. The Republican strategy was to prey on this impatience, and it paid off in spades.

Congrats on the win....

now what?

Welll....I don't know. Maybe we can work on a real Health Reform bill with input from both sides? Or maybe we can concentrate on the economy more?

LIBERAL states in the nation just rejected liberal politics. This was clearly a referendum on Democratic polices and leadership.

Right And you think your new hero is a Republican.

Soon his middle name will be RINO.

But hey he's cute and supposedly likes girls, this is the new republican party. :wacko:

Right And you think your new hero is a Republican.

Soon his middle name will be RINO.

But hey he's cute and supposedly likes girls, this is the new republican party. :wacko:

I think someone's angry. WHATEVER he is he is certainly better than any Democratic alternative - but that's not really what this election was about, was it?

Edited by tosberg34

Keep in mind (if you didn't know this because you don't live here) that Brown did NOT run as

a staunch republican. He ran as a moderate/independent republican. The GOP did not bring in

any of the old boy repubs, and for good reason. He was pumped with cash from the GOP.

The Independent voters swayed this election. That is who he went after and he did a great job of it.

In other words, this is not a solid Republican victory. Nor is it an anti-Democrat/liberal defeat.

Keep in mind (if you didn't know this because you don't live here) that Brown did NOT run as

a staunch republican. He ran as a moderate/independent republican. The GOP did not bring in

any of the old boy repubs, and for good reason. He was pumped with cash from the GOP.

The Independent voters swayed this election. That is who he went after and he did a great job of it.

In other words, this is not a solid Republican victory. Nor is it an anti-Democrat/liberal defeat.

I think your only fooling yourself if you believe this. This was a MUCH bigger defeat for Democratic and liberal polices and leadership. Regardless if he won or lost, this was still a referendum on Obama and the dramatic turn to the left the current leadership is pulling this country into.

Y'know, it's pretty quiet in the Tailgate here tonight. Where are the usual outspoken lefty suspects like BPWallace, Yukon and the others? That's very strange.

You'd think that they just got their butts handed to them in a special election somewhere. :wacko:

Y'know, it's pretty quiet in the Tailgate here tonight. Where are the usual outspoken lefty suspects like BPWallace, Yukon and the others? That's very strange.

You'd think that they just got their butts handed to them in a special election somewhere. :D

They're fappin it to the new hunky centerfold superhero Scott Brown. :wacko: