[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's in the beef?

buddahj

I wonder what's in most of the fast food. I mean, i've never cooked a burger at home and had it look, feel, taste anything like McDonalds. I think most of it is more chemistry set produced than actual food.

Edited by Square

I read a book called "America Fast Food Nation" about 4 years ago and have not had beef since. It describes all sorts of shady practices that go on in the beef and fast food industry. The truth is scary.

Bah, fast food is horrible for you, but on the whole, beef is not a hugh problem. Chicken is pumped with just as much crap as is pork. ANd you don't want to know how they make those neat looking hams that come wrapped in those air tight plastic packages. Fact is, all food out there, for the most part, is injected with antibiotics, hormones, steroids, etc... Some of it is processed and mixed with fillers, injected preservatives, and flavoring solutions. Unless you plan on building your own chicken coop, pig pen, or cattle ranch you are not going to get "quality" food, it is what our society has devolved to. I even have reservations about how "organic", organic food is (and I'm sure as hell not going to pay 75% more for it.)

So, go out and buy a cow, thirteen chickens, two sheep, a few pigs and build a little lake and stock it with native, wild, fish species. Plant a hugh garden and learn ho to can, pickle and preserve vegetables. At that point you can rest assured that your meals are "clean". Other than that, eat up and watch your fat and sodium intake.

But, I can see where you're coming from.

Edited by SEC=UGA

I wonder what's in most of the fast food. I mean, i've never cooked a burger at home and had it look, feel, taste anything like McDonalds. I think most of it is more chemistry set produced than actual food.

Yep. And their cheese doesn't really melt like normal cheese. It's creepy.

I know Square though...he gives his kids one of them big fat welfare burgers on Wonder Bread with big chopped onions and green peppers mixed into it....

So, go out and buy a cow, thirteen chickens, two sheep, a few pigs and build a little lake and stock it with native, wild, fish species. Plant a hugh garden and learn ho to can, pickle and preserve vegetables. At that point you can rest assured that your meals are "clean".

But, I can see where you're coming from.

That kind of clean eating would be difficult.

Not eating a taco made with sand (silicon dioxide) not so much.

You do what you can man....you do what you can.

That kind of clean eating would be difficult.

Not eating a taco made with sand (silicon dioxide) not so much.

You do what you can man....you do what you can.

Absolutely understood. And you're better for it. Wish I could do the same and completely forego those things that are bad for me. But, as long as they make cigarettes and chili, cheese dogs with onions I'm not gonna win.

I know Square though...he gives his kids one of them big fat welfare burgers on Wonder Bread with big chopped onions and green peppers mixed into it....

:wacko: I think my generation grew up on bologna sandwiches so maybe we should have all died from processed meats already.

I read a book called "America Fast Food Nation" about 4 years ago and have not had beef since. It describes all sorts of shady practices that go on in the beef and fast food industry. The truth is scary.

Sounds similar to the documentary "Food Inc" which was similar. Interesting/scary/disgusting stuff.

GB I almost never eat fast food anyway.

• 2 weeks later...