[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodger's Production

ffb

If the Packers are able to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs by Week 14, is there a good chance that Rodgers will play less or not at all? Or will he keep playing to try to break all the records?

SF is still there so I don't expect HFA to be clinched that early.

But I don't expect the Packers to let up as teams that have done so historically have not done as well in the playoffs.

Maybe week 17 (after fantasy playoffs) and possibly a little week 16 (fantasy championship). But even if his production trails off what can you do. 60% of Rodgers is still better than all but a few QBs. And if he sits who are you going to plug in to replace him.

Stud players like this are very hard to work around with sitting. You're not going to be able to replace that production, and it would be crazy to trade him for somebody similar (who?) just in case he sits.

If you're worried try to make sure you have a decent backup, who has good matchups weeks 15/16. But don't

If the Packers are able to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs by Week 14, is there a good chance that Rodgers will play less or not at all? Or will he keep playing to try to break all the records?

I have a feeling that Mike McCarthy will allow Rodgers to chase some records, if they are within reach near the end of the year. If Rodgers is near Brady's 50 TD mark and/or the 5,000 yard mark, I think McCarthy will give Rodgers the chance to break those records. And while he may never say so publicly, I have a hunch that Favre's backhanded compliments to Rodgers earlier this year rubbed them (McCarthy and Rodgers) the wrong way, and that they wouldn't mind seeing Aaron's already-growing legend outgrow the legend of Favre.

I have nothing to back that up, other than gut instinct and perhaps wishful thinking as a Rodgers owner.

Edited by JYB

Thanks for all the input, it's greatly appreciated. I'll roll with Rodgers. The reason I asked was because I was offered Rodgers for Foster.

Well that is more a trade advice question which could be asked in that forum. And provide info on your roster and scoring rules. And redraft/keeper/dynasty.

They are both absolute studs now and probably in the future (Rodgers more proven).

Thanks for all the input, it's greatly appreciated. I'll roll with Rodgers. The reason I asked was because I was offered Rodgers for Foster.

Arian Foster might be the only player I would consider trading for Rodgers, but even then I probably would not.

Rodgers have just proven himself week after week this year. No concussions like last year or anything like that. Throwing TDs in the fourth quarter against an already defeated Vikings team.

Foster might get injured again or Tate might get a bigger role if games are already won.

Conclusion: Rodgers is the man this year.

I don't see him sitting or taking time off Week 16. if so, that would mean he would play his last game Week 15. And if that was the case, that would mean he'd sit Week 16, Week 17, and of course their bye week....meaning he'd have not played an active down of football for four weeks leading up the the Divisional Game.

IMO, there's no way Green Bay takes him out of sync for a month, then expect him to come out blazing against a high-quality opponent.

Arian Foster might be the only player I would consider trading for Rodgers, but even then I probably would not.

Rodgers have just proven himself week after week this year. No concussions like last year or anything like that. Throwing TDs in the fourth quarter against an already defeated Vikings team.

Foster might get injured again or Tate might get a bigger role if games are already won.

Concussion: Rodgers is the damned this year.

Fixed for saying the words you never say...Talking about a players injury free season! It's like not mentioning a pitcher has a no-hitter in the 6th you just don't do it :tup:

Now let the voodoo begin :wacko: