[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Clayton is inured?

CaptainHook

Supposed to say inJured. How could I not have heard about this???

Michael Clayton, WR, TB

Knee surgery

Huddle Up: Buccaneer's WR Michael Clayton, who had surgery on his left knee back in February to repair torn cartilage under his patella, will be limited throughout training camp but only as a precaution according to team officials. Clayton's recovery has taken a lot longer than the team had originally anticipated and it has begun to concern Bucs fans and fantasy football participants. The Bucs have not said why it has taken Clayton this long to recover but there is now growing speculation that the young receiver had suffered additional knee damage. Right now we'll have to take a wait-and-see approach but with the Bucs keeping the details behind his injury a secret I suggest you proceed with caution.

Edited by CaptainHook

i knew about the injury. didn't realize he is slow recovering with it. could pose problems with the bucs lack of depth at the position. still, i'm not concerned too much until they come out with a more official word. a friend went to training camp practice for the bucs and did say cadillac has looked awesome. i'm hoping to make it out on tuesday, wednesday, or both. i'll see first hand.

i knew about the injury.  didn't realize he is slow recovering with it.  could pose problems with the bucs lack of depth at the position.  still, i'm not concerned too much until they come out with a more official word.  a friend went to training camp practice for the bucs and did say cadillac has looked awesome.  i'm hoping to make it out on tuesday, wednesday, or both.  i'll see first hand.

903789[/snapback]

Please report in about M. Clayton. If he plays at all, and how he looks if he does play at all. Thanks

Please report in about M. Clayton.  If he plays at all, and how he looks if he does play at all.  Thanks

903980[/snapback]

Clayton has been practicing. One some days he is being held out of the afternoon practice just as a pre-caution. The surgery he had in the offseason was just to clean up his knee a bit from an old college injury. The Bucs are taking it slow on him because they obviously cant afford for him to get hurt. There is absolutly no reason to not draft him or have any worries about his knee.

Some of my buddies went to training camp the other day and saw him play as well. They said he was giving the defense fits and they basically had no answer for him. Also, they said he gained some muscle over the offseason so he now has a TO type frame with deceptive speed. Hope this helps!

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

This probably isn't much more info than Jolly had but I thought I would post it anyway.

From Footballguys.com

Link

The Bucs intend to be cautious with Michael Clayton, who was slowed during the offseason by minor knee surgery, but the second-year wide receiver participated in almost all of Friday morning's drills and proclaimed himself full speed at the end of the workout. He is eager to get in as much work as possible in July and August because he wants to improve on what was one of the best rookie seasons ever by an NFL receiver. Some of that improvement will be the result of improved conditioning.

"That's going to be a big factor," said Gruden. "Although he was healthy and played in every game last year, I think he realizes the tip-top shape you've got to be in throughout the fourth quarter in a two-minute drive, especially at home in the hot sun. He's going to be a work in progress to get into tip-top shape. He might tell you he's in pretty good shape, feels okay, but I did see his tongue hanging out towards the end of that workout."

Clayton did more than fellow starter Galloway, but that was the plan. The Bucs are going to work the veteran receiver only once a day in the early going in an attempt to ensure his health and freshness for the regular season. He isn't the only veteran working under those conditions.

"Joey Galloway's on a program where he'll work most of the time in the afternoon," Gruden explained. "In the morning he'll go through the individual type work and we'll monitor what he does. He's a guy who will be on a one-a-day routine.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

One of the biggest surprises of the 2004 season was the success of rookie WR Michael Clayton. Not because nobody expected he could be successful in the NFL but just how quickly he became one of the better receivers in football. It is great to hear that he is 100% and ready to go this year and he could be able to at least match his tremendous numbers from a year ago. Galloway on the other hand is being eased back into the picture. As a veteran, he doesn't need a lot of training camp work to be ready to start the season but it would be nice to see him get a lot of work so we can properly gauge his progress. We will keep an eye on both players throughout the preseason.