[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pay out schemes

whitem0nkey

Pay out schemes, this is my first league I will be running. It’s a 10 team league. 3 of the 10 people played before, 7 are rookies…..

Any way, so its $20 per team, not much since I want some friends of mine to get hooked.

I was thinking of doing the pay out like this.

1st - $80

2nd - $40

each week highest scoring team get $5

let me know if you have any other ideas,

we have $200 to break up in different ways..

I like the weekly prize and wouldn't change it. We offer weekly $ for the top scorer in each division. With three divisions, one in four gets the prize every week. It's not very often when an owner doesn't win anything during the year.

Do you have a weekly during playoffs? Looks like you'll be paying out for 16 weeks.

I hate weekly prizes...

I prefer offering it to playoff teams...it gears you for the longhaul...

my league had 1500 in the pot and the winner got like 900, SB loser for 400 and the playoff 1st round chumps got 100 each...

but I'm likely to change that since we'll have 12 teams instead of 10 this year...

it'll be like 1800....the winner gets a G, loser gets 500, and playoff chumps get 150 each....their money back..

I love the weekly prizes for two reasons: The Super Bowl winner will win a ton if he dominates the league throughout the year, but if he just gets hot for the playoffs, he won't win nearly as much. I think that's fair -- it's fantasy football, not real football. And, especially with all those rookies, it tends to keep people interested and involved even after their team tanks.

We do a very simple breakdown:

60% - to the winner

20% - to the runner up

20% - to the high point scorer (full season)

We a re close-knit group though, so there is no worry about non-contenders losing interest or teams dropping off the face of the earth.

So I like weekly rewards for new leagues, and randomly grouped leagues, where you want each coach to have a reason to stay involved.

The reason I like the weekly payout is that you play the regular season for something. If the SB winner comes off winner take all, others can lose interest. Let's face it, not everybody in your league has won a SB and some may never win it. And sometimes that can be very obvious.