[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what's next for Gannon?

PantherDave

He is doing some work for the Vikes too...

Last update: July 28, 2005 at 8:27 PM

Gannon signs on with CBS

July 29, 2005 SPTV0729

Rich Gannon's playing career might be over, but the former Vikings quarterback won't stray far from the game he loves.

The 39-year-old Gannon, who plans to officially announce his retirement next Saturday in Oakland, has agreed to a one-year contract with CBS to work selected games throughout this season as an NFL analyst.

The Excelsior resident also signed a one-year deal with KSTP (Ch. 5) to be part of its pregame show for the three Vikings games it will air and to make regular appearances with Vikings coach Mike Tice and sports anchor Rod Simons on the Sunday night "Sports Wrap" program.

"I'm excited," said Gannon, who spent 18 seasons in the NFL, including the past six with the Raiders. "I'm so passionate about this game, and it has been so good to me for the better part of 17 years. I want to stay involved and continue to do what I do. That's look at film, break down opponents, analyze players and look at tendencies. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring that insight and perspective to fans at home."

Edited by Outshined

Gannon hired by CBS Sports

By Steve Corkran, Knight Ridder

July 29, 2005

NAPA - Scores of Raiders players descended upon the Napa Valley Marriott on Thursday in preparation for the commencement of training camp today. Quarterback Rich Gannon was not among those who arrived by limousine, sport-utility vehicle, luxury car or bus.

The occasion marked the continuation of NFL careers for the 80 or so players who reported for the lead up to the 2005 season. It marked the end for Gannon after 17 seasons.

CBS Sports announced that it has hired Gannon as a game analyst for the upcoming season, thus making official what had been expected and what Gannon and the Raiders refuse to acknowledge.

"I'm excited," said Gannon, who spent 18 seasons in the NFL, including the past six with the Raiders. "I'm so passionate about this game, and it has been so good to me for the better part of 17 years. I want to stay involved and continue to do what I do. That's look at film, break down opponents, analyze players and look at tendencies. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring that insight and perspective to fans at home."

913859[/snapback]

He really should try his hand at being a QB coach.