[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

News from Panthers country.

PantherDave

PantherDave...heard anything else about Colbert?  What is your personal take on the situation?  Do you think Gardner will take the #2 spot???

925630[/snapback]

My feeling is that if Colbert comes back 100% by the next PS game (he may not play tonight), well with the year exp over Gardner should be the difference. However, Coach Fox seems to be impressed with Gardner, and I'm sure he is, but it could also be to put a fire under Colbert. The best thing is the WR corp has good depth now, and it will be very hard for teams to focus on and double team Smith.

A few comments from tonight's game....

Jake looked very good throwing the ball was able to scramble around to avoid a sack and was able to hit Gardner in the end zone to open the scoring with a very nice drive in their first possession.

Gardner looked pretty good and got a few looks from Delhomme. He may not over take Colbert, but I think he will be a nice 3rd WR that can really help the Panthers.

Steve Smith looked very good. He speed looks to be back from pre-injury. He got a quick pass out to the flat and took it for a nice 8 yd gain for his first pass. Made a nice 1st TD catch in the same drive. He had a chance to catch another ball that he was looking to stop and wheel the other direction that could have ended in a TD, but he dropped the ball. Looks like he will be just fine.

Foster looked pretty good getting a few good carries for decent yardage. Clearly the starter IMO and he should do quite well with the new upgrade to the OL.

I was not overly in impressed with Shelton who came in the 3rd after Goings played in the 2nd Quarter. I am sure he is still learning the offense, but I was a little dissappointed. I thought Goings did a nice job along with Rod Smart and I see them before Shelton in the depth chart for now.

The D looked good and Gamble was able to get a pick in the first drive from a wounded duck from Ramsey. The D was able to pretty well shut down the Washington 1st stringers although Portis just had about 3 carries and went to the bench.

Thomas Davis played safety and late in the game and did not make any plays of note while he was in the game.

Hope this helps those scooping out any Panthers players. :D

no one cares about the stupid panthers.

924544[/snapback]

Hmmm. Am I missing a graemlin there?

Lets see here. This is a fantasy football board where someone has taken the time to give information on players that could help your ff season, and your answer to this 'insider' information is "no one cares about your stupid panthers?" :D

smooth move ex-lax :doah:

You will get insghts at this board that you will not get from your local media, that you will not get from the media of the team involved (everyone looks great, they are all in the best condition of their lives etc.. :D ) and certainly not from any tired ff mag.

Maye you don't care about who the #3Wr in carolina is, but if you want to win anything in this game, you should. At the very least, you should chose to ignore these posts and stay in your ignoramic bliss, and stop discouraging people who are helping out thehuddle community. :D