[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RBBC in Philly?

3WZ

I'm getting ready for draft day this Saturday in my local and was looking for some insight on the RB situation in Philadelphia. Will Buckhalter and/or Moats be stealing carries from Westbrook? My league rewards 1 pt. per rec. which ranks Westbrook as the no. 9 back on the Wtd Avg Projections spreadsheet (Rhino's the man!). Obviously, I wouldn't take him that high, but might be a great no. 2 RB depending on the situation.

Thanks for the input. :D

No

The thought is that Philly uses a RBBC but they really don't. If Buckhalter is healthy he may get about 5 carries per game and steal a couple rushing TDs but Westbrook is the stud. Its less of a sharing job than the Falcons for example.

I don't see Moats being a factor unless Westy gets hurts and he gets a chance to play.

ehh...the last time they were both healthy and Duce was there as well...it was everything a RBBC is thought to be....the worst kind..they all touched the ball almost equally...

I'd expect this here unless Buck is injured....then, in that case I expect Moats to get some touches to spell Westbrook...

How has Moats looked so far?  I drafted him late in a dynasty league and was curious as to what the eagles think of him so far..

941482[/snapback]

they referred to him being as touch as a piece of gristle....the kid doesn't have the exact burst that Westy has, but he is ballsier IMO...not dangerous...but he'll try to throw a stiff arm OR try to juke you....Westy will just try to make you miss and will "shoulder" you off...

having a set with both of them out there will be a nightmare for any defense....with just the way the offense is run...Moats will even run up the gut and try to plug away a few yards....Westy doesn't do that, but Westy has more 'natural talent' I think..

Even if Buck and Moats combine to steal 8-10 carries a game from Westbrook, it shouldn't have a huge effect on his FF production as long as your league awards receiving points to RBs. With Philly's well-documented WR woes, he should have monster receiving year (a la LT a couple of years ago).

Even if Buck and Moats combine to steal 8-10 carries a game from Westbrook, it shouldn't have a huge effect on his FF production as long as your league awards receiving points to RBs.  With Philly's well-documented WR woes, he should have monster receiving year (a la LT a couple of years ago).

941626[/snapback]

they don't have receiving woe's, though.....

LJ Smith - according to some fantasy rankings, he's very underrated IMO..

TO - he's still one of the top 3 wideouts in the game, if not THE best...

Lewis - he's a very good route runner and he's made clutch catches...

Brown - he's an explosive, young player...he'll see some action in the slot...

Westbrook - will see about 20 touches a game

they don't have receiving woe's, though.....

LJ Smith - according to some fantasy rankings, he's very underrated IMO..

TO - he's still one of the top 3 wideouts in the game, if not THE best...

Lewis - he's a very good route runner and he's made clutch catches...

Brown - he's an explosive, young player...he'll see some action in the slot...

Westbrook - will see about 20 touches a game

941640[/snapback]

There's only one WR on that list with more than a couple of games worth of experience. While their still learning how to play WR in the NFL, Westbrook will be catching 6-8 balls a game.

There's only one WR on that list with more than a couple of games worth of experience.  While their still learning how to play WR in the NFL, Westbrook will be catching 6-8 balls a game.

941655[/snapback]

Greg lewis had a TD catch in the SB against the Pat's.... :D I think he know's how to play WR in the NFL....and LJ Smith?...I think he's just outside the top 5 TE's this year...around 6th or 7th...

if you pass on westbrook you'll regret it. Rembmer he still had 9 tds' last year while leading all nfl backs in reception and missed 3 games and didn't start another.

thats about 3/4 of a season of production.

westbrook is a probowl talent. He is much closer to priest and ladainian than people want to give him credit for.

i would think it was a shame but he falls right into my lap round 3

he is probably the best receiving runnign back in teh game, has big play ability.

i do see mcnabb throwing to westbrooka nd lj smith alot this year.

TO is goign to go nutz

if you pass on westbrook you'll regret it. Rembmer he still had 9 tds' last year while leading all nfl backs in reception and missed 3 games and didn't start another.

thats about 3/4 of a season of production.

westbrook is a probowl talent. He is much closer to priest and ladainian than people want to give him credit for.

i would think it was a shame but he falls right into my lap round 3

he is probably the best receiving runnign back in teh game, has big play ability.

i do see mcnabb throwing to westbrooka nd lj smith alot this year.

TO is goign to go nutz

941872[/snapback]

no reason to pass on westy...but buckhalter or moats aren't worth consideration until the 9th round...

Go with Westbrook no question!

Go with Westbrook no question!

941889[/snapback]

Yeah, I added him as my #2 RB in the early 3rd Round (12 team league) yesterday and don't regret it. Actually passed on Barber, which was a tough call. However, I did opt to handcuff Moats instead of Buckhalter. Uncle Buck's knee injury is still a mystery and he has a long history of staying hurt for extended periods of time.

I do not expect a RBBC in Philly. However, I fully expect - and desire - for Westbrook to get spelled from time to time. He is a smallish back who has been injured in past years. I don't expect him to take 90% of the RB touches. Because he probably wouldn't make it through the whole season if he did.

Edited by yo mama