[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rethinking the #3 RB

CeleryJello

The standard #3 RB following LT & Alexander appear to be E. James or Priest. Is there a possible alternative to this position?

Negatives of James: James shares the point-love with the other offensive weapons. Also, James is not quite worth the potential points supplied by Priest.

Negatives of Priest: Taking Priest brings the great worry of injury and sharing the season w/LJ.

:D Is it fair to consider alternatives for the #3? Or is James the clear cut favorite?

I had the #3 pick in one of my drafts - a 10 team league - where we just started drafting today. I really didn't want the pick and tried trading down (hoping to swap 1st and 2nd round picks with someone) but to no avail.

I considered Priest, Edge, Peyton Manning and even Deuce McAllister a bit. I almost pulled the trigger on Petyon but relented and went with Priest. I hate the fact that I'll have to spend another high pick to grab LJ, but the upside with the KC running game was just too good to pass up. How it pans out will almost undoubtedly make or break my season but I felt I had to do it.

The only thing I'm hoping is that since it's a 10-teamer, and most of the guys in that league are the fantasy magazine reading types - meaning I don't think they're probably online reading current mocks seeing how high LJ is going - I'm hoping that I can hold off until the 6th or 7th round to grab Johnson. We'll see, but that was my thought process.

Edited by Skrappy1

Personally I think it should be Jamal Lewis. They are being cautious with him in the pre-season to make sure he wil be at full strength come week 1. He could end up with the rushing title this year, and he might even get a few balls thrown to him from a scambling Boller as well.