[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C. Benson visited Bears today!

Wolverines Fan

As a Viking fan, I really don't mind that he is holding out. :D Seriously though, I can feel your pain as Bryant McKinnie held out until Nov 2nd and he is a fricken offensive tackle. I could not imagine if it would have been a runningback or wide reciever. Everybody thought he was going to go back into the draft because he held out so long.

Yeah, he really shined against those second- and third-string defenses.

People who think that Kyle Orton is some sort of super-sleeper never watched him play in college.  There's a reason that he wasn't drafted early.

948371[/snapback]

Is it the same reason Tom Brady wasn't drafted early? :D

so is it time to starting dumping him from the roster? it seems that if he does sign, he'll be so deep in the doghouse that he will never see the field much less have any value. now i know why he was crying on draft day.  :D

948520[/snapback]

I wouldn't take that dump yet... :D

I think that once he gets on the field, he will outshine T. Jones and get in the game. They didn't draft him to sit. If he signs before the beginning of the season, I could see him playing a role (maybe even starting?) coming out of the week 4 bye.

Also, if Jones gets dinged, Ced will be there, and as long as he can pick up pass protections (assuming they can even throw the ball), he will play.

I wouldn't take that dump yet... :D

I think that once he gets on the field, he will outshine T. Jones and get in the game. They didn't draft him to sit. If he signs before the beginning of the season, I could see him playing a role (maybe even starting?) coming out of the week 4 bye.

Also, if Jones gets dinged, Ced will be there, and as long as he can pick up pass protections (assuming they can even throw the ball), he will play.

948564[/snapback]

At this point, I can't see Benson being the featured back until the latter half of the season. IIRC, A-Train wasn't getting the rock on a regular basis until Week 5 or so in '01... and that's without a significant holdout.

I heard on SIRIUS satrad yesterday that Benson had sold the two cars he had in Chicago and also put a house on the makret that he had recently purchased. I am a Bears fan and I hope this moron never sees a dime. Let him make his way in the real world.

:D

I heard on SIRIUS satrad yesterday that Benson had sold the two cars he had in Chicago and also put a house on the makret that he had recently purchased. I am a Bears fan and I hope this moron never sees a dime. Let him make his way in the real world.

:D

949023[/snapback]

Please read post #23 of this thread.