[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFL in the mainsteam media

Spartans91

I know we all have seen (ESPN's draft show last night) and read (almost anything on cbssportsline.com) FFL coverage in mainstream media that makes us cringe but it gets even worse on a local level. My hometown rag Philly Daily News leaks out such brilliance as "Start em - Sit 'em" each week during the season where you, the FFL player, is advised to SIT Jerry Rice, the Chiefs D, and Charles Rogers (post-injury) and START LT, Priest, and Bulger. Priceless discoveries each and every week! I wish I had these in an electronic form to post, maybe I will do so during the year...but...

This morning I just logged on to KCStar.com (big Chiefs fan, I read it every day) and read Ladd Biro's "Ten Players to Avoid at all costs" article posted 8/24/2005. Can you believe this guy gets paid for this:

RNK NAME Pos Team COMMENT

1 Onterrio Smith RB MIN Suspended for the year. What a whizzer…

2 Koren Robinson WR F/A If only his problems were limited to dropping passes like the good ole days.

3 Peerless Price WR ATL Stock has dropped so low, he may not even start. A peerless bust for sure.

4 Jesse Chatman RB SD Stop living in the past, man! Not only is Chatman no longer LT’s back-up (that’s Michael Turner), he’s not even a Charger anymore.

5 Stephen Davis RB CAR Still not 100% after his latest season-ending knee injury, the 31-year-old back could start the year 4th on the depth chart.

6 Todd Pinkston WR PHI Out for the year with Achilles injury.

7 Correll Buckhalter RB PHI Grounded for the second consecutive year by a knee injury. Could lead to a new fantasy verb: Don’t get Buckhaltered.

8 Rex Grossman QB CHI Wasn’t worth a draft pick even before he went down with an ankle injury.

9 Maurice Clarett RB DEN Has virtually no chance of cracking the Broncos’ starting line-up in ‘05. In fact, his roster spot is in some question.

10 Alex Smith QB SF 2004’s top draft pick will need some time before he cracks a fantasy roster.

1 guy suspended for the whole year, 3 players out with season ending injuries, 2 players not currently playing football, 2 rookies, and 2 players that are actually actively playing in Price and Davis...one of which has been demoted and was a possible cut in Peerless.

What gems he has graced us with!

Now you all should be able to navigate your draft. Good Luck!

Local papers have gotten into the craze. The Star Tribune had a mock draft complete with analysis from their "experts". I have no doubt that the 16 year old drafter that was in the mock knew more about fantasy football than the newspaper staff does. There should be a hugh market out there for people that actually know something about FF right now.

I know we all have seen (ESPN's draft show last night) and read (almost anything on cbssportsline.com) FFL coverage in mainstream media that makes us cringe but it gets even worse on a local level.  My hometown rag Philly Daily News leaks out such brilliance as "Start em - Sit 'em" each week during the season where you, the FFL player, is advised to SIT Jerry Rice, the Chiefs D, and Charles Rogers (post-injury) and START LT, Priest, and Bulger.  Priceless discoveries each and every week!  I wish I had these in an electronic form to post, maybe I will do so during the year...but...

This morning I just logged on to KCStar.com (big Chiefs fan, I read it every day) and read Ladd Biro's "Ten Players to Avoid at all costs" article posted 8/24/2005.  Can you believe this guy gets paid for this:

RNK NAME Pos Team COMMENT

1 Onterrio Smith RB MIN Suspended for the year. What a whizzer…

2 Koren Robinson WR F/A If only his problems were limited to dropping passes like the good ole days.

3 Peerless Price WR ATL Stock has dropped so low, he may not even start. A peerless bust for sure.

4 Jesse Chatman RB SD Stop living in the past, man! Not only is Chatman no longer LT’s back-up (that’s Michael Turner), he’s not even a Charger anymore.

5 Stephen Davis RB CAR Still not 100% after his latest season-ending knee injury, the 31-year-old back could start the year 4th on the depth chart.

6 Todd Pinkston WR PHI Out for the year with Achilles injury.

7 Correll Buckhalter RB PHI Grounded for the second consecutive year by a knee injury. Could lead to a new fantasy verb: Don’t get Buckhaltered.

8 Rex Grossman QB CHI Wasn’t worth a draft pick even before he went down with an ankle injury.

9 Maurice Clarett RB DEN Has virtually no chance of cracking the Broncos’ starting line-up in ‘05. In fact, his roster spot is in some question.

10 Alex Smith QB SF 2004’s top draft pick will need some time before he cracks a fantasy roster.

1 guy suspended for the whole year, 3 players out with season ending injuries, 2 players not currently playing football, 2 rookies, and 2 players that are actually actively playing in Price and Davis...one of which has been demoted and was a possible cut in Peerless.

What gems he has graced us with!

Now you all should be able to navigate your draft.  Good Luck!

948963[/snapback]

Where do I sign up to get paid for this drivel?