[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander or Tomlinson at 2

AirNair

I know I know all the mags say tomlinson but Alexander plays St Louis and San Fran and Arizona twice - seems very tempting to me

My plan 10 team league

Tomlinson round 1

Holt round 2

Owens or Harrison round 3

Ok 4th and 5th

I need T Green and a 2 back

I like Arrington (easy schedule)

After last night I like Anderson

I love Johnson can he be my number 2 back??

I kinda like Fragile Freddy

I think i might like Mikey Bennett

Warrick Dunn isnt bad

Cadallac looks like he might carry the load

What do you think

what is my best back situation if I do this

I agree, all the mags are saying that Hass & the Seahawks will return to form this year ... I didn't see last nights Seahawks game, but looking at the offense stats they were quite good ... As such, I would be tempted to go with Alexander as well ... Like Arrington as well, especially with the good WR at Arizona, so they should be able to spread the ball well and create some space for him.

rule #1

never go into a draft  with who you want in each round.  you should always look for the best talent that is avaible in each round.

956303[/snapback]

Ditto, unless you have #1 pick :D

At least the best at the position you are going for.

I know I know all the mags say tomlinson but Alexander plays St Louis and San Fran and Arizona twice - seems very tempting to me

My plan 10 team league

Tomlinson round 1

Holt round 2

Owens or Harrison round 3

Ok 4th and 5th

I need T Green  and a 2 back

I like Arrington (easy schedule)

After last night I like Anderson

I love Johnson can he be my number 2 back??

I kinda like Fragile Freddy

I think i might like Mikey Bennett

Warrick Dunn isnt bad

Cadallac looks like he might carry the load

What do you think

what is my best back situation if I do this

952670[/snapback]

Sounds very similar to my situation last Saturday. I had the first pick in my 12 man league. We have roster restrictions. 2qbs, 4rb,4wr,2te,2k,2d have to be drafted. I had the first pick and took LT. When it came to my 2nd and 3rd picks. Holt, Harrison, J. Walker, CMart, JJArrington, CadWilliams were the best players left. I took holt and harrison. Passed on Cmart. Don't know why.

Then when it came back to me for 4th and 5th picks. Mcnabb was still on the board so I figured I had to grab him. And took a flier with LJ as my number 2 rb.

Not to happy. With my 5 and 6th picks ended up taking D. Driver and T.Green just because he was there and has better value then any other player left in the drat.

When it came to my 7th and 8th picks I reached and grabbed Mike Anderson and M. Moore. So basically I'm hoping that one of those 2nd backs pan out.

So with your ten team league you might have better luck getting a better no. 2 rb than I did if you take rb, wr, wr, with your first 3 picks. But I like the stradegy of taking LT and 2 top tier wrs with your next 2 picks

As far as Tomlinson/Alexander...

There is some creedence to your idea if you look at the Huddle's Ease of Schedule

http://www.thehuddle.com/x5/articles/dmd-eos-rb.php

SEA has it much better in the regular season and only slightly higher in weeks 14-16. On the other hand, passing on Tomlinosn is tough. Points per reception may be key to calculate. Tough call. (I would go with LT)

On the how to approach the draft thing...

I wouldn't target specific players, but groups of players. Say, +/- 3 spots from the player that should be available. If you can identify 5-7 players that should be available at each pick, you can always pick the most value or the most needed for your roster.

(** What I do is pull down the top 120, re-number the picks as draft picks, .i.e 10,11,12,12, 11,10 not 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, then I highlight my pick position in one color and highlight the picks above and below in a different color for the whole top120)

Edited by TonyMantana