[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Final Draft!

darin3

Well, maybe it's not the best, considering I joined several BOTH leagues this off-season, of which many contain some serious and talented fantasy footballers. In any case, my final draft is tomorrow... for a league with some interesting scoring intricacies. It's a 10-team league that starts: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, K, D/ST.

Trying to establish what QBs, WRs, and especially RBs, are worthy of moving up my draft board.

The scoring breakdown is as follows:

1 point for every 25 yards passing

1 point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving

TDs: 6 (0-9 yards), 9 (10-39 yards) or 12 (40+ yards) points

TD bonus: 5 points for rushing/receiving TD (QB), passing/receiving TD (RB) or passing/rushing TD (WR)

Yardage bonus: 5 points for 300+ passing yards or 100 rushing or receiving yards

So, guys like Priest Holmes, LT, perhaps Westbrook... are a bit more valuable, due to the fact they get more chances at receiving TDs. QBs like C-Pepp have a bit more value due to the fact they have more chances at rushing TDs.

I pick seventh. Hoping to grab Dom Davis or perhaps Deuce with the 7th and perhaps C-Pepp in the 2nd (he'll probably be gone, though) or a second stud RB.

Thoughts/comments on some guys in the middle rounds that may be moved up? :D

I have the 9th pick in a 10 team league with almost the exact same scoring system. I am also going to take a solid RB and then if C Pep was there at 12 I was going to grab him, but if not I am going to go with another rb or even considering moss. i think you should take dom or deuce and tehn shoot for c. pep and if he is not there take teh best talent on the board...inclding wr's. goodluck

I'm high on DD this year and think he is worthy of being selected at 1.07.

I think SJax can move up, even though DMD is concerned about Faulk. I could be wrong there. In any case if you don't take him in the 2nd then it is likely you won't get him.

I think Barlow is undervalued after last year.

DD came on strong, but is always a injury risk. No matter on how bad the o-line was, he still produced. The o-line should be a little better this year. Hopefully DD can stay off the trainer's table.

I think that Deuce is a solid choice. With Brooks showing some maturity and leadership, hopefully that will translate into less mistakes from him and keep NO from playing catchup.

Quite a few are down on Rudi this year. He is solid and has a great cast around him. He should continue to thrive. I'm not sure where you have him rank.

I have Rudi in BOTH and Deuce in my other league.

Trying to establish what QBs, WRs, and especially RBs, are worthy of moving up my draft board. 

The scoring breakdown is as follows:

1 point for every 25 yards passing

1 point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving

TDs:  6 (0-9 yards), 9 (10-39 yards) or 12 (40+ yards) points

TD bonus:  5 points for rushing/receiving TD (QB), passing/receiving TD (RB) or passing/rushing TD (WR)

Yardage bonus:  5 points for 300+ passing yards or 100 rushing or receiving yards

So, guys like Priest Holmes, LT, perhaps Westbrook... are a bit more valuable, due to the fact they get more chances at receiving TDs.  QBs like C-Pepp have a bit more value due to the fact they have more chances at rushing TDs. 

I pick seventh.  Hoping to grab Dom Davis or perhaps Deuce with the 7th and perhaps C-Pepp in the 2nd (he'll probably be gone, though) or a second stud RB.

Thoughts/comments on some guys in the middle rounds that may be moved up?  :D

966894[/snapback]

At QB, if you miss out on Daunte(which is likely) I would move Bulger up a little more as he is usually good for a few rushing TDs as well as the big passing stats. Thinking more middle to late, someone a lot of people may not want anything to do with but who could be big in that type of scoring is McNair possibly. You probably wont have to even move him up on you list. You can probably get him pretty late and if he can stay somewhat healthy he should put up decent passing stats and maybe even rumble his old bones into the endzone for a couple rushing scores.

At RB, the first guy I thought of was Warrick Dunn. I would think he is a middle round guy that could be moved up a little in a scoring format such as yours as he gets some receptions and is a threat for the longer TDs.

WR, I would maybe move up some of the "home run hitter" types who may not score a lot of TDs but will generally score longer ones and get you those extra points. Maybe guys like T Glenn or J Galloway. If you prefer younger guys, maybe a burner like T Williamson or Lee Evans? I would think guys like Matt Jones and A Randle El who might line up at several positions or be used on gadget plays might creep up a little bit on a draft board, too.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for or not. These are just what I thought of off the top of my head.