[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell?

Bedoman

I am really in trouble at RB and was trying to get both Anderson and Bell.....

Not that I wanted to play that game all year but I had no choice......

Unfortunetely Anderson was taken one pick before I had back to backs in the 8th and 9th....I know I should not have waited but I did....

Any way I grabbed Bell with my 9th round pick....

Will he TAKE OVER eventually sort of how Portis did a few years back close to mid season or will Anderson actually be the man all year????

I was sort of thinking the Broncos were sending a message to Bell that if he wants this job he has to go get it it not going to be handed to him with all this Anderson talk but I was wrong as Anderson is starting week#1

Will it last??? I sure hope the answer is no! I need him!

I not positive, but i can't recall any back since Davis, starting the season and ending it without missing some games. If Anderson goes down, Bell should take the position over until he too gets injured.

Shanny wants Bell to earn the job and he's failed to thus far, this should motivate him to work much harder.

in a 10 team peformance where you must start 3 rb's and 4 wr's..i grabbed anderson in the 3rd round as my 3rd back(at that point the only options available were really fred taylor and the rookie crop, cadillac went pick right after me)...i was able to grab bell in the 7th...so right now im starting corey dillon, rudi johnson, and mike anderson..and i feel pretty good about it..

ive been reading many varying assesments of the situation from no one wanting any part of the situation to anderson as a mid round to choice, from bell still going ahead of anderson to anderson being a solid 2nd round choice, a great #2 back, and a steal in the 3rd round

the schedule is tough against the run..but i think mike can get the job done..i think the coaches and qb feel more comfortable with him

i got burned in 2000 when i picked mike off waivers..then dumped him after terrell returned for one game and rushed for 100 yards, trying to find a back who would be getting touches, only to have tds return be short lived and watch mike rumble for almost 1500 and 15 tds

I not positive, but i can't recall any back since Davis, starting the season and ending it without missing some games. If Anderson goes down, Bell should take the position over until he too gets injured.

Shanny wants Bell to earn the job and he's failed to thus far, this should motivate him to work much harder.

968038[/snapback]

As a rookie didn't Anderson finish the year?

Just checked and no he didn't. In 2000 he started 12 games and finished with 1487 yds and 15 TD's.

Not bad for an old rookie.

this situation isn't like the Portis situation...

in 2002, Portis took over the starting gig because he was the best back and just had a fumbling problem...nobody won that job...they were just starting because Portis needed some time...

now, when they took Bell, he would have started last year if he was good enough. This year, he lost the job and Anderson won it by being the most productive back in camp..and preseason...and Bell is showing no ability to beat him out for the starting gig..

this situation isn't like the Portis situation...

in 2002, Portis took over the starting gig because he was the best back and just had a fumbling problem...nobody won that job...they were just starting because Portis needed some time...

now, when they took Bell, he would have started last year if he was good enough. This year, he lost the job and Anderson won it by being the most productive back in camp..and preseason...and Bell is showing no ability to beat him out for the starting gig..

969019[/snapback]

That's pretty close, but Anderson has been #1 on depth chart since the beginning of camp.