[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss and a losing team

Sharpie

I have Randy Moss in a keeper league...have had him for a couple years. Last night watching the game I thought about what will happen if the Raiders become a losing team(a very real possibility). He is going to be a problem as he's been in the past.

Turner, IMO, is not the type of coach that will keep things together well should Randy start pouting, griping at the QB, making a sceen on the sidelines or basically causing internal problems with the team.

While I think he'll have a great year, it might be a good idea to trade him around week 5-6 if I can get two starters with keeper potential. I'm not looking for advise here, on this forum.

I just can't see how the situation for him could be better in Oakland than it was with the Vikings.

Although this may not be the place for advice, I'll give you a thought to ponder regarding your idea about trading him in Week 5 or 6. Not counting next week against the Chiefs (he should get his against that defense), here are his matchups in Weeks 3 - 7: @PHI, DAL, BYE, SD, BUF. Not exactly the type of matchups I would be jazzed about thinking about trade value. A lot of home games, which is good, I guess. I'd suggest he might be MORE valuable later in the year, whether he is happy or not, just looking at the schedule. On the other hand, they may be down in all of these games, so he may get a lot of prayers tossed his way.

Tough call. I am seriously down on him, being a Vikings fan and watching him for the past few years. So, good luck to you, whatever you do. Such is the life of a "problem" star owner. Probably some Terrell Owens owners kind of in the same boat right now.

I thought about what will happen if the Raiders become a losing team(a very real possibility). 

977823[/snapback]

Umm, when were the Raiders a winning team? They are already a losing team. All they did since last year was add Moss and Jordan and they think they are the best team now.

Until the Raiders improve their defense, they will need to score more than 24 points every game to even have a chance to win.

How can a team drop 7 or 8 guys back and still leave 2 or 3 receivers wide open?

Good thing they didn't play Indy, Payton would a tore em up with 5 or 6 TD's.

Umm, when were the Raiders a winning team?  They are already a losing team.  All they did since last year was add Moss and Jordan and they think they are the best team now.

Until the Raiders improve their defense, they will need to score more than 24 points every game to even have a chance to win.

978081[/snapback]

Exactly. Not to mention the 10-15 penalties every game for 100+ yards kills them too.

Umm, when were the Raiders a winning team?  They are already a losing team.  All they did since last year was add Moss and Jordan and they think they are the best team now.

How can a team drop 7 or 8 guys back and still leave 2 or 3 receivers wide open?

Good thing they didn't play Indy, Payton would a tore em up with 5 or 6 TD's.

978081[/snapback]

About 3 years ago when they were in the SB ... that seems like a while ago, but man I bet there are a lot of CLE, CIN, DET, CHI, NYG, MIA, ARI, HOU, NO, and WAS fans that wish they could say that.

About 3 years ago when they were in the SB ... that seems like a while ago, but man I bet there are a lot of CLE, CIN, DET, CHI, NYG, MIA, ARI, HOU, NO, and WAS fans that wish they could say that.

978316[/snapback]

How come I don't remember the Raiders being in the Superbowl three years ago?