[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lot's of upbeat happiness among the Rams

wiegie

Update from Rams park -- I recently offered the opinion in print that no matter who coaches the Rams, the team's front-office executives owe that coach their support instead of back-stabbing him.

In response to that comment, I received a phone call at the office from Samir Suleiman, the Rams' director of football administration. After identifying himself, this is the message Suleiman left on my office voice mail:

"Do me a favor," Suleiman said. "Tell your source - because I don't believe they were your words - but tell your source that I'm not a back-stabber, I'm a goddarn throat slasher, and he'll know the difference before it's all said and done."

First of all, it's stunning that an NFL team executive would leave such a violent message in the voice mailbox of a newspaper reporter. (I couldn't reach Suleiman for comment. But Rams special assistant John Hadley said he discussed the voice mail with Suleiman, who confirmed leaving it. Hadley otherwise declined comment.)

And before picking up any sharp objects, Suleiman should know that I had no source. I didn't need a source. It's an open secret among media at Rams Park that the team's front-office executives routinely distribute anti-Martz leaks to friends in the national media.

link (first read the part about how Pujols should win the NL MVP and then continue reading to the part I quoted above)

If they don't like the guy (and I don't blame them), why not just fire him? He already lost a SB to a then-inferior team because of hubris and idiotic play-calling. Why plant stories and drag him through the mud? It's not like they wouldn't be justified in just canning him.

Sheesh...

If they don't like the guy (and I don't blame them), why not just fire him?  He already lost a SB to a then-inferior team because of hubris and idiotic play-calling.  Why plant stories and drag him through the mud?  It's not like they wouldn't be justified in just canning him.

Sheesh...

980192[/snapback]

Depends how big the anti-Martz clique is in comparison with the pro-Martz clique, plus which side the owner's on, if any.

Reminds me of the situation in another midwestern city...... :D