[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Lions

Randall

I'm glad that the Lions got the win, but they did not look good in doing so. Harrington looked really bad at times, OL was not outstanding by any means, Jones was held in check (although he looked to be a step away from breaking it every time), and the defense looked mediocre overall. This would not have been a W against a good team.

The good news for the Honolulu blue and silver? The offensive skill position talent (save for QB) appears to be living up to at least most of the hype. The defense got stronger as the game progressed. Special teams looked pretty good again.

If the O-line can both run and pass block better, and if Harrington could throw the ball into his WR's hands (as opposed to their feet, ten yards in front of them, behind them, etc.), the Lions could be tough to stop. They have one more warm up game where they can play like this and still have a chance to win, but after that, they need to bring an improved game to beat any of the reasonable teams in the NFL.

does anyone else get the feeling that if this offense was in the hands of say a Bulger, Favre, McNair, or Green they would be putting up 30-40 points a game...

990474[/snapback]

Am I crazy for thinking Volek would flourish in the Lions system? Talk about a bevy of young talent.

I thought Harrington was solid enough in his 1st game. people automatically think he has all the weapons around him but when you combine the experience of his YOUNG WR's and his YOUNG RB you do not have alot of experience. don't get me wrong,I am not the biggest Harrington fan, in fact I am still mad that we Picked him over Jammer. but he has been on a bad defensive team most of his career and has been behind a mediocre line most of that time also.I want to see how bad G.B. is before making my assessment on Harrington .

Talk to San Diego fans.  The jury is still out on Jammer as well.

990512[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken Jammer ALWAYS plays single coverage on the opposing teams best WR.and when your d-line gives the opposing QB all day long to throw it will make you look bad. but I would say this. I would give the Chargers Harrington for Jammer in a heartbeat.(well if we had a backup QB I would.)

If I am not mistaken Jammer ALWAYS plays single coverage on the opposing teams best WR.and when your d-line gives the opposing QB all day long to throw it will make you look bad. but I would say this. I would give the Chargers Harrington for Jammer in a  heartbeat.(well if we had a backup QB I  would.)

990536[/snapback]

Lelie usually torches Jammer. Watch sunday's game and see if he does it again.

I watched the whole game.  Harrington does not progress through his reads at all.  The protection wasn't great, but adequate enought for Joey to have done more.  I will add that Roy Williams DROPPED at least 5 very catchable balls.

990498[/snapback]

He doesn't look like a quality NFL QB. Charlie Batch would be better as would M McMahon. I don't believe Joey was an upgrade over either.

He doesn't look like a quality NFL QB. Charlie Batch would be better as would M McMahon. I don't believe Joey was an upgrade over either.

990550[/snapback]

You must have never seen McMahon play. IMO he is not even a legitimate NFL QB. he always plays good enough in preseason to make you think he can play, but it is fools gold. trust me.

Does anyone else think it could be detrimental to have all three of those receivers that are basically interchangeable? What I mean is, they are all about the same size, speed, talent, etc. As big as those guys are, and Harrington STILL can't hit them with a pass? I just don't know...I watched some of this game, and I don't see much excitement in that offense. You'd think they'd be very tough to defend, but it just didn't look like much to me. I really have not watched them much, but it all just seemed disjointed and slow. Not really that impressed with Kevin Jones, either, but he did put up great stats last season.