[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Injury Status Definition

bluedog

P = 75% likely to play (in practice, P players virtually always play, IMO)

Q = 50% likely to play (could go either way in reality - I tend to sit these if I've got a decent option)

D = 25% likely to play (nearly always sit, IMO, don't start these)

O = won't play, obviously.

NE and DEN routinely lie through their teeth about injury status.

Q = 50% likely to play (could go either way in reality - I tend to sit these if I've got a decent option)

992009[/snapback]

Thanks.

992009[/snapback]

Good info. Though, is it fair to say NE lies? My perception is that their just mute on the subject. Crime of omission versus commission, and all that.

Good info.  Though, is it fair to say NE lies?  My perception is that their just mute on the subject.  Crime of omission versus commission, and all that.

992764[/snapback]

Fair enough. Billyclub isn't a lying toad like Shananigans. Several other teams/coaches aren't exactly forthcoming either - and why should they be? If I were an NFL coach, I'd limit my outbound info to the minimum permitted too.

problem with not giving out infos, is same like not giving interviews, pulling shahahahaniningans, and similar

if everyone does it the marketable product NFL would suffer.

less happy fantasy players, less happy media, less happy hardcore fans at home, less happy "homers", you get my drift.

i think i even read repeatedly articles and interviews regarding this topic, and often coaches are ciritisized for it

Good info.  Though, is it fair to say NE lies?  My perception is that their just mute on the subject.  Crime of omission versus commission, and all that.

992764[/snapback]

I don't know if it's lying as much as the attitude that it's nobody's business. All teams are required to be forthcoming, and the NFL has doled out fines to coaches for intentional deception on the injury front.

Basic rule of thumb for fantasy is that if a guy is questionable, don't put him in your lineup.

Basic rule of thumb for fantasy is that if a guy is questionable, don't put him in your lineup.

993248[/snapback]

...unless you want to be sucessful, in which case you would do some work and find out just how "questionable" he really is.