[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An interesting observation ...

Grits and Shins

This is the first year my local league has required a starting TE. I pushed for years and year and finally got it this year.

So this is the first year many of the owners in my local league have had to start a TE.

I have noticed that they are chasing TE points. Those that score big in a given week are being scooped up.

Here are the TEs that have been acquired in the first couple of weeks:

CBaker - 25.40 week 1, 1.30 week 2

CAnderson - 16.80 week 1, 0 week 2

ASmith - 19.40 week 1, 1.2 week 2

DWilcox - 21.80 week 1, 0 week 2

SHeiden - 6.20 week 1, 21.70 week 2

BWatson - 7.50 week 1, 1.70 week 2

JStevens - 7.10 week 1, 13.90 week 2

The guy that picked up CAnderson dropped JStevens to make roster room. I currently have the top TE in the league in McMichael and wanted to wait before picking Stevens up ... but finally decided to bite the bullet today. Stevens is getting consistent looks from Hass and isn't of the 'flash in the pan' TE variety. Even with the spikes by several other TEs, Stevens is the 8th overall TE in our league (and CAnderson has dropped to 13th :D ).

I sure like the more consistent numbers from Stevens versus the up and down numbers from the others listed above.

Heiden and Watson were picked up today BEFORE I decided to stop sitting on Stevens.

CBaker - 25.40 week 1, 1.30 week 2

CAnderson - 16.80 week 1, 0 week 2

ASmith - 19.40 week 1, 1.2 week 2

DWilcox - 21.80 week 1, 0 week 2

SHeiden - 6.20 week 1, 21.70 week 2

BWatson - 7.50 week 1, 1.70 week 2

JStevens - 7.10 week 1, 13.90 week 2

So is that your starting line-up in the TE only league?

So is that your starting line-up in the TE only league?

1006069[/snapback]

Suddenly, my post wondering why Visanthe Shiancoe was getting dissed by DMD in the TE rankings doesn't seem so silly, does it?

(sorry, if I knew how to find and link an old post, I'd have done it, but his name is in the post if you want to find it)

I swore on draft day that I would never allow Jeremy Stevens to grace my roster again. Guy's been touted for years as an up-and-comer and has never done anything of note. Nevertheless, I was not aware until reading this post that he was off to a solid start, maybe I need to rethink my position, thanks for the heads up.

I think gilthorp makes a good point though - as soon as Mili manages to pinch a loaf, Stevens will likely see a decline in production. Rumor has it that Mili has been asking around for Najeh Davenport's cellphone number...

Edited by Easy n Dirty