[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F. Gore

pedroz13

I don't watch SF games (and why the hell would I....), so any homer insight would be great. It seems by looking at the yards per attempt that Gore is running the ball better than Barlow. Why is Nolen sticking with Barlow? He was terrible last year and from what I can tell he's terrible this year. Should Gore get a start soon?

I was surprised to see last week that Barlow had 12 carries for 65 yards (pretty good) but that Gore also had 7 carries for 42 yards (just as good). Gore had four carries in each of the first two games but then stepped up to 7 against the Cowboys during a very close game.

The 49ers have been giving Gore about one series for every two that Barlow had. There is no word that there is a transition in progress but 7:12 carries last week says to be either that Gore is starting to get a shot against Barlow or, more likely, the 49ers are just going to stick with an RBBC scenario that is only getting worse.

Hey, I would think a crazy weekend in Mexico would be the perfect place to turn loose a Miami Hurricane, wouldn't it? :D

Seriously, for those that have watched the Niners, has Gore done any better in protecting the QB in the last couple of games? I would think that would be the only real holdup in this.