[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

bok_choy

I am wondering why Randy Moss is being targetted less and less each week...

Aside from week 1 (15 targets) he hasnt been targetted more than 7 times per game...with only 5 targets yesterday.

In such a close game, with a very suspect secondary in Dallas, with the running game working AND a 78 yard hook up in the first series-- he was only targetted 4 more times the entire game?

Heck I am all for ball control but I am suprised how little they are going to Moss, esp in the red zone.

FF points aside-- he is having a great year FF-wise thus far -- shouldnt he be a lil more involved in the scheme?

I think OAK trys to use Randy to get ahead and then uses LaMont to grind out the clock. OAKs pass defense has been horrible so far and it appears that the DEF is giving up more points than Randy can score.

I agree with the sentiment. You see Owens getting 15 to 20 passes PER GAME for the Eagles and yet Moss is only getting 5? Against a soft Dallas secondary? His fantasy value is still pretty high because he catches one long pass every week but why'd they buy him if he is going to be thrown less passes than many tight ends? Sure, he is heavily covered just like he has been his entire career and just like Owens in PHI is.

Odd to me that they are underutilizing him IMO.

I agree with the sentiment. You see Owens getting 15 to 20 passes PER GAME for the Eagles and yet Moss is only getting 5?

1040471[/snapback]

Of course, T.O. will catch 10-yard passes over the middle. Randy's only interested in running deep posts and go routes.

I beleive the targets during the game relate more to Norv Turner and Jimmy Raye's conservative play-calling, versus Collins preferences.

Norv would rather have the Raiders play a mistake-free game relating to turnovers then risk airing the ball out more often. Seemed to work in the Dallas game, but obviously didnt in weeks 2 and 3 against KC and PHI. I hope Norv opens up the playbook a little more in the coming weeks but his tendancy has always been to lean on his "franchise" RB and let the rest of the offense compliment the running game.

If you look at his past, Norv has coached many more "stud" RBs (E Smith, S Davis, R Williams) than "stud" QBs. He is not the type of coach to take a lot of chances so his teams will reflect that, especially when he is the head coach.

Unfortunately his preferred game plan, focused around a strong ground game with the occasional strike down the field, requires a top-notch defense on the other side of the ball to be successful. The defense did look better against Dallas, and they may start playing at a higher level down the road, but they are a still a long way from being a defense that can be relied on to keep games close or low scoring. Hopefully Norv realizes this and opens the playbook a little more after the bye-week.

Edited by Return Of S&B

moss = speed?

since when.....

moss = size, moves and hands, ok, and about 80% of TOs power, which is still way enuff.

1041628[/snapback]

Ummm...watched him play lately? He's always had great speed. Used to tell Cpep, throw it as far as you can, you can't overthrow me. I've seen him completely burn past two defenders for a catch. Speed? Yeah, he's got plenty and always has.