[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis or Mewelde Moore?

Swashbucklers

I have Portis against the Niners and need to choose one of the following to go with him:

Ja Lewis @ CHI

M. Moore v. GB

I am leary to sit Lewis because I am afraid that he might choose this week to go off, but also like the prospect of Moore getting plenty of yards (not TDs) against the Pack. Who would you start and why?

Lewis will get the ball at the goal line, no worries about Taylor stealing a TD there...but will the Ravens GET to the goal line? :D

Moore COULD get you a bunch of yards but probably wont score, he hardly ever seems to (of course neither do the Vikes :D ).

All things considered I'd go with Moore. The Raven O is horrible and believe it or not its even WORSE on the road.

Do you get points for receptions? I look at Moore as a 'safe' start because of his involvement in the passing game. Even if he gets shut down running the ball he can make up for it by catching 4-5 passes and give you the points you were looking for at RB2.

I would also say your decision should depend on the rest of your matchup. After I lost McAllister last week I had Moore as an option along with ASmith and Pittman. Even though the latter had better games I felt that they were both riskier starts and since I felt had my opponent covered at other positions I opted for the 'safe' 10 pts.

Even without reception points Moore is the better start. Lewis is a bust, plain and simple. He may see red zone carries, but that's assuming the Ravens' O gets into the red zone, which is a bit of a leap of faith. The only way Lewis performs here is if the Bears turn the ball over deep in their own territory too much, which is a possibility, but I think Orton is wising up a little.