[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston @ Chicago

whitem0nkey

Which is why he said he was rooting for the Astros.

Oh wait, he didn't say that.  He said he had no one to root for.

1102263[/snapback]

Right, and he's clearly implying that when he said, "I sure as heck ain't rooting for the White Sox or Cardinals." :D If Dusty wasn't rooting for the opponents of the Sox and Cards, he obviously wouldn't have said that.

It's classic sour grapes. Guillen and LaRussa are winners so Dusty has to root against them, hoping that neither can succeed where he's failed.

It's like the inferiority complex doesn't go away, even with the title.

Interesting comment coming from someone who is so quick to jump to Baker's defense. You don't happen to own a blue cap with a red letter "C" on the front, do you? :D

And I can assure you that the Sox and their fans don't feel "inferior" to the Cubs at this point. :D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I can assure you that the Sox and their fans don't feel "inferior" to the Cubs at this point.  :D

1102591[/snapback]

:D

I don’t think one sox fan woke up today and was like I wish I was a cub fan, because im inferior....

I also want to thank the classy cub fans who called and emailed me and other sox fans congratulations.

Right, and he's clearly implying that when he said, "I sure as heck ain't rooting for the White Sox or Cardinals."   :D   If Dusty wasn't rooting for the opponents of the Sox and Cards, he obviously wouldn't have said that. 

It's classic sour grapes.  Guillen and LaRussa are winners so Dusty has to root against them, hoping that neither can succeed where he's failed.

Interesting comment coming from someone who is so quick to jump to Baker's defense.  You don't happen to own a blue cap with a red letter "C" on the front, do you?   :D

And I can assure you that the Sox and their fans don't feel "inferior" to the Cubs at this point.   :D

1102591[/snapback]

The quote was "I aint got no one to root for". So he's not rooting for the White Sox. Why should he?

And my leaping to Baker's defense wasn't about Baker, it was about you calling someone a crybaby because they were honest about not rooting for the White Sox. You seemed to imply that because he manages the Cubs, that he's gotta root for the Sox, which clearly he does not.

And don't think too hard. My blue caps have either an orange "BU" or the white interlocking "NY".

And that's great that you don't feel inferior. You shouldn't. But you seemed very quick to jump on the Cubs' manager for a quote, when the Cubs manager shouldn't even be on your radar screen right now.

Edited by LegFuJohnson

The quote was "I aint got no one to root for".  So he's not rooting for the White Sox.  Why should he? 

And my leaping to Baker's defense wasn't about Baker, it was about you calling someone a crybaby because they were honest about not rooting for the White Sox.

1103372[/snapback]

Again, you miss the point. :D Baker went out of his way to clearly imply that he's rooting against both the Sox and Cards. Again, he's being a crybaby.

And that's great that you don't feel inferior.  You shouldn't.  But you seemed very quick to jump on the Cubs' manager for a quote, when the Cubs manager shouldn't even be on your radar screen right now.

He's not. I'm just sick of the idiotic crap that comes out of Baker's mouth. Remember the "blacks and Latinos play better in the heat" comment from a couple years ago? MLB and the media gave him a free pass on that one because of the color of his skin.

Edited by Bill Swerski

"He's not."

He is, that's why you posted about him.

And I still fail to see how a Cub manager, being honest about rooting against the White Sox and Cardinals is being a crybaby. Sounds like that's what most Cubbies would do.

If someone on the Mets was asked about the Yankees in the playoffs, and said he sure wasn't rooting for the Yankees... he's a crybaby? Or he's being honest.

"He's not."

He is, that's why you posted about him.

1105310[/snapback]

I don't recall Dusty "being on my radar" before he opened his fat mouth.

And I still fail to see how a Cub manager, being honest about rooting against the White Sox and Cardinals is being a crybaby.

Oh, so you FINALLY acknowledge that point? It's about time...

AGAIN, it's called sour grapes. LaRussa's team left Baker's front-running squad in the dust (pun intended) last season. Guillen, a second-year manager on a team with a smaller payroll, exposed the highly-paid Dusty The Savior as overrated this year. This is about Dusty going out of his way to take a shot at two managers and franchises that've made him look bad in back-to-back seasons. Do you understand now?

Edited by Bill Swerski

Nope.

Isn't it fair to say that the White Sox and Cardinals are the two most hated teams for Cubbies? No matter who the managers are?

Wouldn't it seem a little dishonest to suggest that he's rooting for them, when he's not, and shouldn't be?

"the highly-paid Dusty the savior"? What does payroll (or manager salary) have to do with anything?

You can't see that this is simply an anti-Cub thing because you feel the need to stick it to them because of being the second citizen for so long?

Let it go, you are the Champs.

Again, just like the Boston fans that were (and still are) more hung up about A-Rods failures than their own teams successes.

What do you think Dusty should have said? "Yes, I'm rooting for the White Sox to win, because we share the city... or else the Cards, because you always root for your rivals"

These are the biggest Cubs rivals. And he's wasn't rooting for them. What a crybaby.

Congrats, White Sox.  Each game was close, but the overall result wasn't.  Good job.

:D

1108450[/snapback]

Agreed!

The better team won. You gotta bring those runners home. The Sox did, the 'stros didn't.

We'll get ya next year.

Wear the title proud fellas.

Nope. 

Isn't it fair to say that the White Sox and Cardinals are the two most hated teams for Cubbies?  No matter who the managers are?

Wouldn't it seem a little dishonest to suggest that he's rooting for them, when he's not, and shouldn't be?

1106253[/snapback]

Why did he have to say anything at all? I didn't hear Jerry Manuel say anything about rooting against the Cubs in the '03 playoffs. Manuel had class, which is something that Dusty apparently lacks.

The difference between Bakers and Joe Average Cubs Fan is that when the Cubs fail to make the playoffs again next year, Dusty will lose his job. This isn't about Dusty being a rah-rah type for the Cubs (anti-Sox) fan base. This is about him whining because he KNOWS that Cubs ownership will be comparing the job that he did over the past three years with what Ozzie and LaRussa did.

"the highly-paid Dusty the savior"?  What does payroll (or manager salary) have to do with anything?

It has to do with the Benjamins that the Tribune Company threw at Dusty after he won the NL with the Giants in '02. Dusty was supposed to be the difference-maker that got the talent-packed '03 Cubs over the hump.

Why did he say anything? Probably because he was asked (although I wasn't there)

"Hey Dusty, who are you rooting for in the playoffs... the White Sox, Cardinals, maybe someone else?"

"No comment"

You'd be making the same post... his no comment would clearly mean that he's not rooting for the White Sox or Cardinals

Actually, I thought it was Prior and Wood that were supposed to get the Cubs over the hump.

But I'll stop. I guess I'm just a little more jaded than your are. You think that everyone should be rooting for their rivals, and I don't.

Wow, you're really good at spinning my comments and not addressing my points.  You should go into politics.  :D

1110233[/snapback]

Your comment was that he was a crybaby for saying that he was rooting against the White Sox and Cardinals.

I spun "White Sox and Cardinals" for "rivals", sorry.