[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan

whomper

Allright, already!

Let me address the LaMont Jordan issue, now that we are at the 7 week mark.

A.  I apoligized publicly to Chavez for my insensitive and idiotic personal remarks to him in a previous "LaMont" thread.  He accepted my apology.

B.  So far, LaMont has done a little better than I had anticipated - particularly in the rushing TD category.

C.  I told you all along that he would have a good game or two against weak run defenses.  Curtis Martin had 148 against the Bills last week and he is 78 years old and needs a walker.  LaMont only had 122.

D.  I didn't see any of you posting after LaMont's stellar 19 and 36 yard rushing performances. Yes, those are full-game yardage numbers.

E.  Cadillac still has more rushing yards despite having only played in 4 games vs.  LaMont's 6 games.

F.  I still believe that both Carnell Williams and Julius Jones will put up better numbers than LaMont Sanford over the course of the season.

G.  It's only week 7.  Sanford will be no better than a middle of the pack RB when all is said and done.

1094123[/snapback]

I'd like to address C., you'll notice that one in bold.... :D

what did he do in the passing game those weeks?....did he not have a reception for a TD in one of those games?...

thanks...carry on..

...and you couldn't even do that right.

Carry on.

1094569[/snapback]

on the other hand, I could try to shrug off the fact that I was dead wrong about L Jordan when I beat the subject like a dead horse

and way to avoid the question with that "witty" comeback :D

D. I didn't see any of you posting after LaMont's stellar 19 and 36 yard rushing performances. Yes, those are full-game yardage numbers.

Of course not, who would be stupid enough to praise him during those games?

But you did forget to mention, for some reason, that in the 19 yard game rushing he had 5 receptions for 53 yards and a TD. And in the 36 yard game, he had 6 receptions for 58 yard.

But we know receptions by a running back don't count since every draft year you can get Priest Holmes the RB or Priest Holmes the WR.

I apoligized publicly to Chavez for my insensitive and idiotic personal remarks to him in a previous "LaMont" thread.  He accepted my apology.

1094123[/snapback]

Just don't foolishly equate "forgiven" with "forgotten." :D

Of course not, who would be stupid enough to praise him during those games?

But you did forget to mention, for some reason, that in the 19 yard game rushing he had 5 receptions for 53 yards and a TD. And in the 36 yard game, he had 6 receptions for 58 yard.

But we know receptions by a running back don't count since every draft year you can get Priest Holmes the RB or Priest Holmes the WR.

1095077[/snapback]

he doesn't want to hear that....

he'll say the RB is supposed to run the ball and he did that unsuccessfully....

but it doesn't negate the fact that it happened...it's stats and his involvement in the passing game(as I've said over a dozen times already) is why you draft L Jordan....and he's lived up to that hype...the least amount of catches he's had in a game was 4....and that was yesterday when he ran all over the Bills..

I am not a big fan of Lamont either, but consider in the games he stunk rushing he still had good numbers

In his 19yard rushing effort he had 5 catches for 50 yards a a touch

In his 36yard rushing effort he had 2 TDs and 6 catches for 58 yards

He had 2 games where he had 70 yards and 59 yards (New Eng, KC), but was around 4 yards per carry.

And he's had two 100 yard games ... yes once against the pathetic Bills defense, but one against the very stoudt Dallas Defense (who just held Shaun-The-Great to 60 yesterday).

Oakland won't be shut down very often so goaline opportunities exist. And they don't yank him for a "pass catcher" if they get behind so he seems to rack up when the Raiders are losing (as a receiver) and he certainly racks up if they are winning (as they pound him).

Lamont is currently on pace for about 1000 yards rushing, 16 touchdowns, 60 catches for another 500 yards receiving.

His scehdule is middling. While he will have to battle Denver twice, the Chargers, and Washington...he also has softies like Cleveland, Tennessee, KC, The Jets, and Miami.

I don't think he's that great, but he's in a perfect offense that is catering to him. He's #4 overall fantasy back at this time and I don't expet that number to change that much.

For those who nabbed Jordan at the draft, you did good.