[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan

whomper

IIRC I was saying about 1200-1300 yds rushing and double digit tds with upside.

1093292[/snapback]

I have to find the one I started..We had a ton of projections in there..I think I said 15-18 tds..Not sure of yardage..Ill pull it up when the search comes back

The DEFINITIVE Lamont Jordan projection thread

Vet 

As one who's seen every carry LaMont Jordan has ever had in the NFL, I'm 100% comfortable saying that you all are VASTLY overrating him. Most of his rushing yards came in garbage time.

I'd take him in the 7th or 8th round of my fantasy draft is he was still there.

750 yards, 4-5 rushing TDs.

:D

Go to page 3 to see me engage in one of my favorite hobbies - arguing like hell with BigScore.

Uh-oh, here comes Zack Crockett!; BigScore sounds the alarm!

....and one week later BigScore LOVES Lamont.:D

More projections.

The first indication that Vet's Jordan obsession may be unhealthy.

Vet takes it up a notch.

Vet also says he knew to pick Cadillac Williams in the first round.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Wow, Chavez. Good reading. I remember finding this post while searching for info on Lamont in ranking players for my local draft. While many made good points about Lamont, Rover's post really caught my eye first.

The debate between you and Big Score 1 was great, all kept above board and not getting personal.

I'm not about kissing anyone's ass, but I appreciate you posting the links. I learned more about Vet in reading them as well.

hmmmm.....number 4 rb in fusion. not bad. not bad at all.

swerski, what were you saying about those who wasted a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him?? i remember, we're all idiots. and how about we measure lamont against your manlove wayne. not even close.

at least you were right about davis/foster. well....partially. props to you jacka$$.

I spent so much time in FA telling everyone to start LaMont, that I FREAKING forgot to start him in a sal cap league that i'm currently CRUSHING everyone in. I accidentally left stupid Mcgahee in, and I'm in record, several times *sigh*, predicting 2 tds and 120 yds for LaMont. I can't believe how dumb I am. I deserve to be punished and I'm sure most of you will be happy to oblige right here in this thread.

QUOTE(Chavez @ 7/26/05 07:41pm)

Personally, I think the trend of Norv pounding the ball at the goal line and Kerry Collin's historically low td totals (he throws the deep ball well - once you get in the red zone, it's not a "deep ball" anymore) collide to give Moss a nice season yardage-wise but a disappointing one as far as TDs go - TDs that Lamont Jordan will get. Plus about 300 carries.

QUOTE(Return Of S&B 7/28/05 04:24pm)

I agree with this assessment...Contrary to popular opinion, I believe Jordan will profit more from Norv's offense than Moss will. Moss will get his catches and yards, but Jordan will see a lot of goal-line carries and carries (and catches) within the red-zone.

As for the Crockett factor, he is in his early 30s, and isnt being paid the big bucks, Jordan is the one they forked over the dough for. Unless Jordan has a problem getting in the endzone on the goal-line (which he wont) i see him getting all the goal-line carries

---------------

I particularly like these quotes :D Looks like Chavez and I had a pretty good assessment of Norv's offense and how it would effect Moss and Jordan's numbers. Although Moss hasnt been a slouch, his TD numbers are down while Jordan appears to be the true key to this offense.

I am hoping the Raiders continue to give Lamont the rock because in the games where he had 20+ carries, the raiders won.

Allright, already!

Let me address the LaMont Jordan issue, now that we are at the 7 week mark.

A. I apoligized publicly to Chavez for my insensitive and idiotic personal remarks to him in a previous "LaMont" thread. He accepted my apology.

B. So far, LaMont has done a little better than I had anticipated - particularly in the rushing TD category.

C. I told you all along that he would have a good game or two against weak run defenses. Curtis Martin had 148 against the Bills last week and he is 78 years old and needs a walker. LaMont only had 122.

D. I didn't see any of you posting after LaMont's stellar 19 and 36 yard rushing performances. Yes, those are full-game yardage numbers.

E. Cadillac still has more rushing yards despite having only played in 4 games vs. LaMont's 6 games.

F. I still believe that both Carnell Williams and Julius Jones will put up better numbers than LaMont Sanford over the course of the season.

G. It's only week 7. Sanford will be no better than a middle of the pack RB when all is said and done.

Allright, already!

Let me address the LaMont Jordan issue, now that we are at the 7 week mark.

A.  I apoligized publicly to Chavez for my insensitive and idiotic personal remarks to him in a previous "LaMont" thread.  He accepted my apology.

B.  So far, LaMont has done a little better than I had anticipated - particularly in the rushing TD category.

C.  I told you all along that he would have a good game or two against weak run defenses.  Curtis Martin had 148 against the Bills last week and he is 78 years old and needs a walker.  LaMont only had 122.

D.  I didn't see any of you posting after LaMont's stellar 19 and 36 yard rushing performances. Yes, those are full-game yardage numbers.

E.  Cadillac still has more rushing yards despite having only played in 4 games vs.  LaMont's 6 games.

F.  I still believe that both Carnell Williams and Julius Jones will put up better numbers than LaMont Sanford over the course of the season.

G.  It's only week 7.  Sanford will be no better than a middle of the pack RB when all is said and done.

1094123[/snapback]

:D Well done. Good points, humorous, and void of your usual anger.

:D Well done. Good points, humorous, and void of your usual anger.

1094133[/snapback]

Agreed. Some nice props to Vet.

I was expecting something completely different in terms of response.

1094178[/snapback]

:D Maybe the crow was tasty