[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordon Projections?

The Stoner

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1095/7, 175/1 in 14 games.

893109[/snapback]

This looks about right to me, but only because of the situation he's in. Career backups always look great until they become a full time starter. Once that happens, it usually becomes obvious why they were career backups.

I think 1400+ and 14 total TD's (2 rec. TD's)

893048[/snapback]

Concur.

And the "never been a feature back" argument is lame. I guess the people saying that would never draft a rookie RB? :D New RBs come into new situations all the time and succeed. Jordan was drafted to be NYJ's "feature back". The problem was that their Hall of Fame RB lasted longer than expected.

Oh yeah -- Jordan didn't have any problems carrying the full load at Maryland.

What do the experts here at The Huddle project for old Monty. Is he a feature  back? I'm scoping him out as a possible 2nd or 3rd round pick. I say 1300 and 10.

892958[/snapback]

believe it or not, I picked Jordan up as late as the 5th round...I couldn't believe it...with more knowledgeable owners...I missed Jordan by not grabbing him at the end of round 2.

another back, Julius Jones, has moved up in drafts from second round and early 3rd round to late first and early second round. EJ and Ahman have slid further and further of late.

do you guys see him performing better than any or all of the rookie RBs????

893107[/snapback]

not that I'm an expert, but I think with the WR's and Norv Turner's penchant for making RB's into HOF candidates.......I'd only like Brown's and JJ Airington's chances of keeping up with Jordan, but I wouldn't take either of them in a draft before Jordan. Brown is going to lose some carries to Ricky, eventually, so I'd lean to JJ Airington first..even before Cadillac.

Regardless, I take Jordan over any rookies..hands down.

Concur.

And the "never been a feature back" argument is lame. I guess the people saying that would never draft a rookie RB? :D New RBs come into new situations all the time and succeed. Jordan was drafted to be NYJ's "feature back". The problem was that their Hall of Fame RB lasted longer than expected.

Oh yeah -- Jordan didn't have any problems carrying the full load at Maryland.

893275[/snapback]

even though that was only college and less games....he still isn't anywhere near a question mark as people think...

it's not like he didnt play well enough to start....it was more-so Curtis Martin..

Whoa. 1,300? 1,400??? He'll be lucky to crack 1,000. He's their "feature back", but the Raidahs are gonna throw a TON... and they have Fargas and Zereoue for "changes of pace". I'd say 900 yards and 10 TDs in 14 games (he'll get a minor injury halfway through the season). :D

Whoa.  1,300?  1,400???  He'll be lucky to crack 1,000.  He's their "feature back", but the Raidahs are gonna throw a TON... and they have Fargas and Zereoue for "changes of pace".  I'd say 900 yards and 10 TDs in 14 games (he'll get a minor injury halfway through the season). :D

893827[/snapback]

yuup...sounds just like a Norv Turner offense...

of course the hectic passing game wouldn't open up the running game...

Whoa.  1,300?  1,400???  He'll be lucky to crack 1,000.  He's their "feature back", but the Raidahs are gonna throw a TON... and they have Fargas and Zereoue for "changes of pace".  I'd say 900 yards and 10 TDs in 14 games (he'll get a minor injury halfway through the season). :D

893827[/snapback]

Zereoue is no longer on the team and Fargas didn't even get a significant number of touches when they had no "real" backs last year. As for throwing a ton, Turner likes to throw deep and pound the ball. You don't pay a guy what they're paying Jordan and not feed him the ball.

I think 1400+ and 14 total TD's (2 rec. TD's)

893048[/snapback]

This leads me to think that he will be drafted much earlier than I would ever consider him.

894212[/snapback]

I doubt he will be drafted real early as long as you don't think late 2nd round is too early. I think people see those numbers as a real possibility but most are smart enough to temper their excitement enough to draft some of the more proven guys ahead of him.

I love taking chances on RBs in new situations and opportunities. I didn't hesitate to draft Deuce McAllister after the smoke cleared in New Orleans. :D That worked out well enough to try that again. I just don't see a successful team in Oakland this year. 1400/14 backs tend to come from solid teams. I don't see Oakland as being a solid team this year.

Edited by MikesVikes