[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huge Baseball Trade

Guest Sores

Looks like the Marlins are going to pull the trigger on a Josh Beckett/Mike Lowell for Hank Blalock and a prospect deal with Texas....

That is a huge deal for NL only fantasy players like moi'!

i guess the rangers asked for guillermo mota too and the marlins walked away

this is a great trade for boston, that goes without saying

anibal sanchez is a prospect that is probably a year or two away from stepping into a rotation in a city with realistic contending expectations and weve got edgar signed for another 3...so i can part with hanley

taking on lowell is a risk, but we are one of a few teams that could take on that money....plus mueller is a free agent, so we have that spot open....even though lowell had a horrible year at the plate..hes still a former gold glove winner and a good guy

No doubt, an excellent trade for the Sox. Out of Beckett, Burnett and Pavano, how did the Yankees end up with Pavano? Not only is he always hurt, but he is already crying that he wants out of NY. :D

It's also being reported that the Mets just acquired Carlos Delgado for Mike Jacobs and Petit (a young pitching prospect that they've been touting). I guess it's a decent deal for them since Delgado is proven and they have the money to spend, but Jacobs did look pretty good when he was up last year.

No doubt, an excellent trade for the Sox. Out of Beckett, Burnett and Pavano, how did the Yankees end up with Pavano?  Not only is he always hurt, but he is already crying that he wants out of NY. :D

It's also being reported that the Mets just acquired Carlos Delgado for Mike Jacobs and Petit (a young pitching prospect that they've been touting). I guess it's a decent deal for them since Delgado is proven and they have the money to spend, but Jacobs did look pretty good when he was up last year.

1169177[/snapback]

Beckett is far and away the best of that group IMHO. He's gotten stronger every year, started more games, and been more consistant.

I honestly don't see what the hype is surrounding Burnett. This guy is a mediocre, streaky pitcher that can't get it done in the NL. He'll get lit up like a Christmas Tree in the AL.

I am hoping that the Mets want to swap Beltran for Manny. That would make my winter! I have also heard local rumors that the Sox might be going after Tori Hunter!!