[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is Jose Cortez? Is he any good?

jmccoughlin

Who is the best Kicker to start?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Kicker to start?

• Jose Cortez (SF) at Tenn
    • Matt Stover (Bal) at Cin

Hey all,

I had J. Nedney on my team....he's the kicker for the 49ers and has been doing pretty well lately. However, Nedney is now injured with a groin injury. And Nedney was the 49ers only available Kicker.

My question is, the SF 49ers just signed Jose Cortez to take Nedney's place. Is this guy any good? Should I play him this week when the 49ers play in Tennessee this Sunday?

One plus about Cortez....he seems to be the only kicker available for SF...but will Cortez be seeing as much of the action as Nedney did---or should I not count on it?

PS: If Cortez is no good, my other option is Baltimore's Matt Stover playing in Cinci.

Thanks -jmc

Edited by jmccoughlin

Who knows how kickers are going to turn out. I'd go with Stover since Cortez was dropped by a few teams.

I also picked up Nedney (a couple of weeks ago). The past few wks he was like Rackers. I was counting on Nedney for sure points this weekend against Tenn. Dang.

Good luck!

Looks like I should go with Stover. thanks guys.

.....the reason why I was still thinking about Cortez was because Cortez is the only kicker option for a team that seemed to have been pretty reliant on the kicker in the past. I wasn't sure if Cortez would be relied on the same way as Nedney regardless of his past record. ...I can see how it can be a gamble using Cortez however.

Edited by jmccoughlin