[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WW pickup Warner or Brees for Playoffs?

linkster

Here are there schedule. My other QB is St. Louis since we have Team QBs so whoever is playing that is your QB regardless of who get’s hurt.

Brees plays; Dolphins, Colts, KC (14-16)

Warner plays; Redskins, Texans, Eagles (14-16)

Any help here? Is Warner reliable enough?

I like Warner. He's done quite well lately and has to throw the ball 40 times a game since AZ has no rushing attack.

Brees is no slouch @ QB but you never know when any given game will turn into the LT show, yesterday for example.

I like Warner. He's done quite well lately and has to throw the ball 40 times a game since AZ has no rushing attack.

Brees is no slouch @ QB but you never know when any given game will turn into the LT show, yesterday for example.

1177975[/snapback]

I agree with G-dawg...although I agree Brees is a safer pick, any SD game could turn into four TD's for LT, while Arizona will throw the ball alot due to their lack of running game..

That's the gamble with Warner - injuries and/or benching for McCown. Chances are McCown is a FA in your league and you can scoop him up if needed. AZ has been throwing a lot lately and has been putting together a semblance of a rushing attack. Warner for all the reasons stated above over Brees is a better choice, IMO. He's been winning me games lately. -GM!

Point taken Randall, I need to factor in that, this is it! After this week no more pickup in our league, I live with this pickup...no going back.

1178308[/snapback]

I didn't play warner yesterday because he was going up against the Jax D. I lost by a few and he scored a lot. Warner will start for me the rest of the season regardless of the matchup after his past three starts.

I have Warner so I may be biased but I'd clearly take Warner here. Based on a few things.

1. Look at their schedule. At SF, vs. Wash, at Hou, vs Philly. So their two "tough games are at home. And Wash and especially Philly can be thrown on.

2. They have ZERO running game.

3. He throws 40 + times EVERY game.

4. He answered many questions about his ability by throwing for 300 + and 2 TD's on THE # 1 pass D Jax. (and he had like 56 yards at the half meaning in 1 half he threw for 250 + yards and 2 TD's against the # 1 D)

5. As was stated above in any game SD can be the LT show and Brees gets almost 0.

Now I admit Warner is clearly riskier than Brees but that's how titles are won with risky moves. 2 weeks ago I said enough with Hass and switched to Warner and I haven't looked back. 2 weeks ago I dealt Edge in a package for LJ and I haven't looked back. So sometimes you have to take risks. Some work and some don't. To me the ceiling on Warner is MUCH higher, but the floor is lower. You make the choice. I'd choose the higher ceiling but that's me.

Edited by giantsfan

I picked up Warner 3 weeks ago and have started him since over Hass and have won 3 in a row, in large part due to Warner. Yes, he is more of a risk, but as giantsfan states above, that's how titles are won. Warner scared me at the half against Jax, but he lit it up in the second half. His schedule is favorable and will be my starter as I head for the playoffs (barring injury)!