[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is a BCS Bid for ND really a done deal?

rbmcdonald

I wouldn't include Colorado on that list. UT hasn't won a "BIG GAME" in over 30 years.

1186929[/snapback]

You must've missed last year's Rose win over Michigan. A very big and exciting game, I'd say...

You must've missed last year's Rose win over Michigan.  A very big and exciting game, I'd say...

1187056[/snapback]

:doah: I was at that game.

Let me amend that to "winning the big game on the way to a potential #1 ranking."

Remember the Simms collapse in the Big 12 Champ game a few years back? They were 11-0 then.

ANd when I went there, they'd always lose to Northwest Texas Poly A&I Tech the weekend before A&M or OU.

:doah: I was at that game.

Let me amend that to "winning the big game on the way to a potential #1 ranking."

Remember the Simms collapse in the Big 12 Champ game a few years back? They were 11-0 then.

ANd when I went there, they'd always lose to Northwest Texas Poly A&I Tech the weekend before A&M or OU.

1187104[/snapback]

They were either 11-1 or 10-1, because they got beat by Oklahoma.

This years Texas team is different, but it wont matter... USC will smoke them.

The Ohio State part of this theory will probably be tested in January...

ND is not a BCS caliber team this year, but they'll get the nod.  IMO the team is similar to Ty's team that got their A$$ handed to them by Oregon a few years back - they've got holes, but the schedule cooperated with them (by teams not being as good as expected), so they have the record that will get them to the BCS.  I think they are a better-coached team than the one that lost to Oregon, so I think this game should be more entertaining, but ND should still be a heavy underdog.

1186303[/snapback]

It was Oregon State that destroyed Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowls .... BOTH times! Pac-10 :D

If Colorado or FSU win Saturday I'll eat my hat.

1186864[/snapback]

Ooooh - it's hat-eatin' time! :D

I think a 4-loss FSU puts to bed all the complaints about a 2-loss ND in a BCS Bowl. They played a great game, but I think we all agree that Oregon is more deserving! :D

Edited by Possum Jenkins

correction... tys team got beat by oregon state in the insight bowl, and it was davies team that got into the fiesta bowl with THREE losses (a true injustice) in 2000 and got slaughtered by dennis ericksons thugs in oregon state

1188714[/snapback]

Thanks for the corrections - I knew this, but I think I've been blocking those losses out of my mind - tragic events will do that to you... :doah: