[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kurt Is Back?!?!

Hated-By-Many

He posted great numbers against a great secondary. Bottom line is the sheer 40+ passes a game will net results. I hear all this talk about the vaunted 49er secondary at home...sorry I don't buy it. Warner should at least post similar numbers as he did last week 300/2td's. Could be more, but Arrington/Shipp could get a rushing TD or 2. Warner is looking sharp, and his offensive line is giving him protection. Warner is the man!

He posted great numbers against a great secondary.  Bottom line is the sheer 40+ passes a game will net results.  I hear all this talk about the vaunted 49er secondary at home...sorry I don't buy it.  Warner should at least post similar numbers as he did last week 300/2td's. Could be more, but Arrington/Shipp could get a rushing TD or 2.  Warner is looking sharp, and his offensive line is giving him protection.  Warner is the man!

1181553[/snapback]

I think the Niners' secondary is very vulnerable and has been all year (has given up about 1st most fantasy points to QBs this year). However, opponents elect to run on the Niners a lot - 5th most rushing attempts against a team this year - an average of 31.1 rushing attempts per game. Toss in the 11th most yards per game (119.6), and tied for 3rd most rushing TDs allowed (15) and you can see people are opting to just run on them instead of continuing to gut them with the passing game.

Except the Cardinals don't rush the ball. Fewest average rushing attempts per game; most passing attempts per game. Warner has an honest chance to throw for 400 yards. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Course, I'm starting him so I hope he does. But part of the reason I own him is precisely because of these kinds of match ups.

Good luck, Warner owners.

Edited by yo mama

As a Warner owner it seems pretty logical to expect a big game from him against the lowly Niners this Sunday, but I am a little worried.

1. What if the Cards get up pretty big then all those gravy points we get from Warner when he throws and throws some more late are gone

2. If the Cards are EVER going to try and mount a running game this year this is the game

Now I admit saying the Cards get up big may be a stretch especially since the Niners have played well at home, but with Smith back in there would it REALLY shock you to see that happen? It wouldn't shock me. Plus like I said Green might say okay this is a good game to get JJ 15 carries. So while I expect a good game I also don't expect 40 + passes as usual from Warner. Maybe low to mid 30's.

Edited by giantsfan