[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 Defense

Gdawg

I have the Jags D, which has done well for me but they go against IND in Week 14...not such a great matchup.

Who would you pickup for Week 14? (The first team in the matchup being the option)

TEN v HOU

DEN v BAL

MIN v STL

ATL v NO

Appreciate the input, will answer yours

:D

Edited by Gdawg

I have the Jags D, which has done well for me but they go against IND in Week 14...not such a great matchup.

Who would you pickup for Week 14? (The first team in the matchup being the option)

TEN v HOU

DEN v BAL

MIN v STL

ATL v NO

1182966[/snapback]

Denver, without a doubt...

I'm biased, but even the numbers point to the Mile High D here. They're great against the run and decent against the pass -- the perfect combination against the LJ/Green combination. The D's gotten it done for Denver all year, including once already against KC in Denver. With a first round bye and divisional matchup at stake, I think they're going to step-up big.

I am thinking Min v STL for Week 14. If you look at what STL allows per week (INTs, Fumbles, Sacks) they are a real goldmine.

Standard scoring league, 2 points per fumble, int, sack. Points allowed DO NOT MATTER.

Using this standard, STL has allowed:

Week1 SF: 16

Week2 AZ: 10

Week3 TN:16

Week4 NYG:14

Week5 SEA: 12

Week6 IND:10

Week7 NO: 4

Week8 JAX 12

Week9 BYE

Week10 SEA 10

Week11 AZ 14

Week12 HOU 14

This excludes Defensive TDs! STL has allowed over 10 Defensive points every week except for Week 7 against a pathetic Saint's D.

The Vikes sound like a plan for Week 14.

I am thinking Min v STL for Week 14. If you look at what STL allows per week (INTs, Fumbles, Sacks) they are a real goldmine.

Standard scoring league, 2 points per fumble, int, sack. Points allowed DO NOT MATTER.

Using this standard, STL has allowed:

Week1 SF: 16

Week2 AZ: 10

Week3 TN:16

Week4 NYG:14

Week5 SEA: 12

Week6 IND:10

Week7 NO: 4

Week8 JAX 12

Week9 BYE

Week10 SEA 10

Week11 AZ 14

Week12 HOU 14

This excludes Defensive TDs! STL has allowed over 10 Defensive points every week except for Week 7 against a pathetic Saint's D.

The Vikes sound like a plan for Week 14.

1183282[/snapback]

STL is looking fresh for the picking, but they only just got their top receivers back, which could change things. Baltimore (sorry, know you love them) has allowed an average of about 9.5 points per week using your scoring system (16 INTs, 32 Sacks, 8 FL) compared to STL's 11 (based on above).

Add to all that who you're actually betting on -- the Vikes are on a bit of a run, but the Broncos are a better bet in week 14: need to lock up home field in the playoffs and get to play this soft team at home.

Just some thoughts. Good luck either way you go.

Good point Craig about Denver. The good thing about this week is I can wait on picking up Denver, I dont think they will go this week since they play @ KC.

I am going to pickup the Vikes and see how they fair this week v DET, while keeping an eye on what STL and BAL give up stat-wise.

Really appreciate the input, frankly I think they will both do well. I see MIN and DEN winning this week so they will both have playoff momentum going for Week 14...bad news for the vistors.

Oh and hey, no sweat about hacking on the Ravens, you should hear people talk about them around here :D

Edited by Gdawg

TEN v HOU

DEN v BAL

MIN v STL

ATL v NO

1182966[/snapback]

MIN...and then ATL