[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS - 2nd RB?

fratztrain

I'm in a bind and need advice on which sorry-ass RB to start along w/ LJ:

M Alstott vs. NOrl

T Bell vs. KC

R Dayne vs. KC

P Pass vs. NYJ

K Faulk vs. NYJ

At this point, I'm leaning towards Alstott because he's got the lowest risk and has decent upside. I'd like to go with Pass vs. the lowly Jets, but now that Dillon's practicing and Faulk may(?) be back, I'm uncertain on what to expect from Pass. Got burned on Bell already and don't have faith in either Bell or Dayne... What a mess!

Advice appreciated.

Clearly Bell or Alstot are the best choices. Bell has typically had good games against tough run Ds. I think KC qualifies as a tough run D and would start Bell with confidence. DEN will pound Anderson to wear them down then send in the shiftier Bell to run circles around 'em.

Alstot does have upside, but hoping he gets a short TD plunge is very risky IMO.

So far we've got 3 Bells and 4 Alstotts. Weekapaug, I agree that hoping Alstott gets a short TD plunge is very risky, but with word coming out that Dayne will get some carries, isn't Bell risky too? With Alstott, I'd likely get ~20 yds and say 75% chance of 1 TD, 20% chance of 2 TDs. With Bell, I'd likely get ~50-60 yds with 33% of 1 TD, 20% chance of 2 TDs.

Hmmm. I appreciate all the input I can get!

With Alstott, I'd likely get ~20 yds and say 75% chance of 1 TD, 20% chance of 2 TDs. With Bell, I'd likely get ~50-60 yds with 33% of 1 TD, 20% chance of 2 TDs.

1187311[/snapback]

Well there you have it. Based on your expectations for the outcomes and my limited fleeting memories of chance and probability your expected outcome is:

Alstott - 2pt + 55%*6pts + 20%*12 pts = 7.7 pts

Bell - 5.5pts + 13%*6pts + 20%*12 pts = 8.7 pts

I personally don't think Dayne will take more than 5 carries total, but you'll have to ask Shanahan to be 0.000001% sure.