[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help a Rookie?

Trouttripp

OK. Strategy question. First year player with beginners luck, or too many hours reading at the Huddle? I am first seed in a four-team playoff, and allowed 1 more trade. Here's my line-up:

Palmer, Hasselbeck

Alexander, LJ, Caddie, Mike Anderson

Holt, Housch, Stallworthe, Jurevicious(with D-Jax on IR)

Gonzo, L.J. Smith

TB, Buffalo

Vanderjagt, Stover

8-team standard performance league, start 1,2,2,1,1,1. Possible ways to strengthen team is defense or WR in my opinion. Available D's are Denver or Seattle, available WR is Boldin. Do I trade for one of these, or use what I have?

Thanks

It'd be nice to have Denver v Baltimore or Sea v SF, and of course Boldin as well! I wouldnt sell the farm for them though, you have a nice team. Any offers on the table?

1196399[/snapback]

Our league doesn't allow trades. These are free agents...

Boldin is on free agency????????????????? What the #$%@@ :D

1198259[/snapback]

Yes, Boldin is a FA. It's a 8-man $$$ league, but there are no trades, and we're only allowed 5 FA moves. Some guys blew there 5 moves early....I have 1 left.

Thanks for the help!!! :D

I had TB, Buffalo last week and TB, Denver now. I agree with above posts. Boldin's a no brainer, too.

FYI, Trade usually means two teams are involved (not trading one of your players for a free agent). And there's nothing wrong with a small league if there are good rules like your league seems to have, limit WW moves, strict roster limitations, so people can't sit on 8 RB's, etc.

Good luck

I had TB, Buffalo last week and TB, Denver now.  I agree with above posts.  Boldin's a no brainer, too.

FYI, Trade usually means two teams are involved (not trading one of your players for a free agent).  And there's nothing wrong with a small league if there are good rules like your league seems to have, limit WW moves, strict roster limitations, so people can't sit on 8 RB's, etc.

Good luck

1199092[/snapback]

You're right, I should not have said trade, and rosters are strict, you're bench has to mirror your starting line-up. Thanks