[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does your league break a tie playoff game

FiremenCCFFL

In one of my leagues, we pick a tie breaker player before the game, player with higher points wins tiebreaker(if for some reason that is a tie too, we go to the top bench player score)

In another of my leagues, which I hate this rule, we go to the regular season record/head to head record/division record.......I am pushing to get this changed since the playoffs and the regular season should have NO bearing on each other.....

Good luck

Edited by jake_the_builder

Need advice on how your league breaks a tie in a playoff game.  As I recall, our league compared starters and the "time of first score"  and the team whos player scored first  :D was the winner.  But we dont have it in writing anywhere.  HELP !!

1228933[/snapback]

In our league, in the event of a tie, the winner is the team that has the most points from their reserves. If the reserve points end in a tie, the win goes to the team with the best record, i.e. win & losses.

In our league, in the event of a tie, the winner is the team that has the most points from their reserves. If the reserve points end in a tie,  the win goes to the team with the best record, i.e. win & losses.

1228984[/snapback]

No offense, but that's honestly the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

In our league, in the event of a tie, the winner is the team that has the most points from their reserves. If the reserve points end in a tie,  the win goes to the team with the best record, i.e. win & losses.

1228984[/snapback]

There first one to my house with a cold 12 pack generally wins.....

Most points on the bench would be next....

Beyond that....I know we have a rule, but hmmmmm.....wake me when we get there ::D

In our league we go by our defense.

Whichever STARTING defense has allowed the least amount of yards in that game is the winner.

Next year I think we are going to change it to your defense allowing points and not yards.

Just another option, but if you don't have defenses in your league than you reading this right now is a waste of your time.

Sorry

Here's how I break tie breakers in playoffs:

The team with the most points out of five wins.

1 Point – The team having the most actual points scored. The team with the highest total of touchdowns, field goals, safeties, and extra points will receive 1 point. If both teams have the same, then the team with the highest number of touchdowns gets the point. If they have the same touchdowns, then the highest number of field goals gets the point. If still tied then the tiebreaker will be the higher number of players that scored.

1 Point – The team having the most total rushing yards. If tied in rushing yards, the team with the higher number of total rushes would get the point.

1 Point – The team having the most total passing yards. If tied in passing yards, the team with the higher number of total completions would get the point.

1 Point – The team having the most total receiving yards. If tied in receiving yards, the team with the higher number of total receptions would get the point.

1 Point – The team that has the defense that gave up the least number of points. If tied, the team with the defense that gave up the least number of total yards would get the point.