[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hard decisions for 2006 ...

Grits and Shins

I'm in a 10 team dynasty/salary cap league

All TDs are 6 points, INTs are -3, receptions are 1.5 for WRs/2.0 for TEs

$500 salary cap / 24 man rosters

Start 1 QB and flex:

1 RB, 5 WR, 1 TE

2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE

2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE

Each year player salaries are recalculated according to their current salary and previous year's performance. I am looking ahead to next year.

Here is my current roster and their projected 2006 salaries after cutting all players on their 1 year contracts.

$66 - Palmer

$39 - Brees

$43 - Arrington

$29 - Benson

$24 - WParker

$14 - Bell

$11 - Ricky Williams

$6 - Greg Jones

$5 - Eric Shelton

$82 - SSmith

$61 - Boldin

$32 - Housh

$26 - Roy Williams

$21 - Lelie

$11 - Moulds

$15 - Dallas Clark

$8 - Rackers

$3 - Vanderjagt

Players I am thinking I have to cut

$75 - Joey Galloway

$16 - Fred Taylor

$12 - Troy Williamson

$8 - Brandon Jacobs

$6 - Antonio Bryant

Brad Johnson

David Garrard

Pollard

Josh Miller

That puts me at $496 with 6 roster spots to fill at a min of $1 per slot ... or $2 over the minimum cap.

So Dallas Clark was a disappointment and will likely finish about 16 or 17 among TEs ... will he do better next year ... perhaps I am paying too much to keep him?

Will Losman be the man in Buffalo next year making Eric Moulds expendable?

Time to give up on Ashley Lelie?

It pains me to cut down my squad ... but obviously will be required to do so.

Edited by Grits and Shins

You think Arrington is worth $43? What would the merits be in booting him? Or perhaps dumping him to a very RB-light team? You should be good with Parker, Bell and Ricky Williams. Good for the future w/ Benson. Fragile Fred's always hurt, but keeping him and Jones at a total of $27 could be doable.

With your stable of WRs, both Moulds and Lelie are expendable.

I'd keep Clark around for $15.

Of course, there will be recalculations, according to your post. So it would take some number crunching once those calculations come out to really determine what you do. But as it stands now, I think you're on the right track.

You think Arrington is worth $43?  What would the merits be in booting him?  Or perhaps dumping him to a very RB-light team?  You should be good with Parker, Bell and Ricky Williams.  Good for the future w/ Benson.  Fragile Fred's always hurt, but keeping him and Jones at a total of $27 could be doable.

With your stable of WRs, both Moulds and Lelie are expendable. 

I'd keep Clark around for $15. 

Of course, there will be recalculations, according to your post.  So it would take some number crunching once those calculations come out to really determine what you do.  But as it stands now, I think you're on the right track.

1232326[/snapback]

Arrington was certainly a flop and I paid big money for him this year ($75). I signed him to a 5 year contract and deferred his signing bonus of $16. For me to cut Arrington next year I'd have to eat 150% of his signing bonus ... meaning I cut his $43 in salary but it cost me $24 to do so ... net $19 gain.

I expect my numbers are fairly close ... my one hope is for some of my players to drop in rankings. The higher a player is ranked the more it costs to keep him.