[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Young should be the first QB taken

giantsfan

To me if he comes out, and I say he will if they win, he should be the first QB taken. Mark my words he will be better than Leinart in the pros.

1248676[/snapback]

Is there an echo in here?

To me if he comes out, and I say he will if they win, he should be the first QB taken. Mark my words he will be better than Leinart in the pros.

1248676[/snapback]

Yeah...he'll excel and win championships in the NFL just like McNabb & Vick have. And Leinart will struggle like Aikman, Brady, and Montana, and get off to a shaky start like Carson Palmer did.

Running QB's, no matter how they do in college, fail in the NFL

:D

All I know is after the #3 Pick is announced, my Titans better have Leinart or Young on their roster!

1248731[/snapback]

The combine should be interesting. With the physical skills Young has I don't see how he isn't rated higher than Leinart into the draft which means Young # 2 to NO IMO. Then maybe Tenn takes Leinart.

Craig James and Lee Corso are now worshiping Young saying he will be great in the pros. That I don't like.

How can Young stay now? He has his title, he was dominant, and he'll be a top 5 pick. Time to move on.

1248733[/snapback]

I hope he goes in the top 5. That assures Dallas of not getting him.

Young will make the highlight reel more times, but Leinart will win more big games.

I can see both sides, but I hope you aren't making this statement off of just one game.

1248738[/snapback]

I am a big college football fan, and an Oklahoma fan so I have seen Young play a TON of times the last 2 or 3 years. Trust me this is not based on 1 game. I liked him better than Leinart before tonight.

I hope he goes in the top 5. That assures Dallas of not getting him.

Young will make the highlight reel more times, but Leinart will win more big games.

1248740[/snapback]

You give him Smith, Jarrett, Byrd, Bush, White, and a dominant OL and I agree he'll win more games. If I'm NO with not nearly that talent I take VY.

Edited by giantsfan

I am a big college football fan, and an Oklahoma fan so I have seen Young play a TON of times the last 2 or 3 years. Trust me this is not based on 1 game. I liked him better than Leinart before tonight.

1248743[/snapback]

Alright cool, I was just making sure you werent pulling a media stunt by jumping the bandwagon because of this game. Because Im sure here soon we will be hearing Vince Young should go #1 and keep his game in Texas, lol. It was all Reggie, but I can see the Vincanity coming. Id really like to see him go to Tennessee and play with one of his best friends/mentor, Steve McNair!

Yeah...he'll excel and win championships in the NFL just like McNabb & Vick have. And Leinart will struggle like Aikman, Brady, and Montana, and get off to a shaky start like Carson Palmer did.

Running QB's, no matter how they do in college, fail in the NFL

:D

1248725[/snapback]

I tend to agree more with this logic but it will be interesting to see how VY does in the pros.

I tend to agree more with this logic but it will be interesting to see how VY does in the pros.

1248767[/snapback]

I hear that logic and do agree with it in general BUT I don't think that describes Young. The man can pass. Again he was 30-40 tonight against a great team in USC.

I think the comparisons of VY to McNabb and Leinart to Palmer are good ones and I think either team drafting early and getting either one will vastly improve their team. I think Vince Young is exciting though, and makes better decisions then I had previously thought.

I think it is pretty funny everyone criticizing Carrol for the 4th and 2 call. The way Young was playing he scores whether they punt it or not. USC couldn't stop a thing on defense all night (year for that matter) whereas their offense was chewing it up and could have run the game out with a first. Stupid announcers. What a game!

I think the comparisons of VY to McNabb and Leinart to Palmer are good ones and I think either team drafting early and getting either one will vastly improve their team. I think Vince Young is exciting though, and makes better decisions then I had previously thought.

1248778[/snapback]

Agree with a lot of this. Just keep one BIG thing in mind about Leinart though. Palmer has a BIG time arm Leinart has an average to maybe a little above average arm at best. That is a HUGH difference between the 2.

I was very impressed with Young's running; he is a monster and a man among boys when running over college LBs and DBs. He'll be a great running QB in the pros as well until he gets hurt a few times. However, I was not impressed with his arm strength and passing skills. Yes, he may be efficient with the short passing game, but it looks like he short arms the ball and doesn't have a lot of velocity on his passes. To me, he looks like a more athletic, faster, and agile version of Daunte Culpepper with less arm strength. I still think Leinart will be a better pro QB.

IMO, after watching Young all season, especially this game, he is a Super-Cullpepper. He runs faster, harder, hits harder, passes better, he is a Cullpepper monster.

He will be amazing.

But you can't discredit the O-line.

If he gets to a team with out a line, we won't see much of what we saw tonight.

Leinart = gave up millions last yr as the #1 overall pick and stay in Cali to play for SF, to come back, lose his final collegiate game, and end up going #2 overall to New Orleans.  :D

1248846[/snapback]

As a Saints fan, as well as a Bears fan, Things could be worse for us. IMO Leinart is the better QB while Young is the better athlete! We already tried the athlete approach and now I'd like to see a guy who can read a defense and check off to a play that can actually gain some yardage. Remember tonight we watched Young against college players. All of the great players will tell you the game speeds up dramatically when you jump to the pro level

1. He is no Vick. Vick is small and gets beat up. Young is 6'5 and built like a truck

2. I think McNabb has done pretty well. 4 NFC title games and 1 SB app. He's a top 5 QB. If Young is McNabb then he's a star

3. Young led the NCAA in passing efficentcy

1248729[/snapback]

Culpepper's built like a bigger truck.

Vick led the NCAA in passing efficency one year too. College doesn't translate to the NFL.

Culpepper's built like a bigger truck.

Vick led the NCAA in passing efficency one year too. College doesn't translate to the NFL.

1248894[/snapback]

To me Young is not Vick. Of course I could be wrong, but Vick is NOT a good NFL QB and I truly believe Young will be a very good NFL QB. Young is bigger and stronger than Vick. Vick is 6'0 215 with a thin frame. Young is 6'5 233 and will grow a little more, and he's built like a LB. To me that is a HUGE difference. I say there is NO doubt Young will be better than Vick. I just don't think you can compare VY to Vick. He is MUCH bigger and stronger than him and he still may get a little bigger. Now C-Pep, who is 6'4 250, okay but not Vick. Young will play at 6'5 240ish not 6'0 215ish. HUGE difference.