[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun's injury

LooGie

I couldn't be less impressed with Alexander..................................................

................................. and wanted to see him tear it up. I have him in several playoff leagues, i swear!

1272949[/snapback]

LooGie you usually support your opinions well, but I have to disagree with most of your post. I too have him in a couple playoff leagues and was bummed when he went down. I've heard quite a few in the media and here in The Huddle slam him for various reasons over the last two years. Some say he is soft, doesn't always play hard, and now he's being a jake for not coming back in the game after being concussed.

I think SA sometimes makes the RB postition look effortless, he waits for his blocking to progress before he hits the hole, so it seems like his not running hard. If you followed his games over the last few years, he has had some slow starts but usually finishes strong after the defense is worn down a bit. I know Seattle has a good O-line and but SA has made the most of his opportunities - the stats don't lie. :D

Edited by major-tom

LooGie you usually support your opinions well, but I have to disagree with most of your post.  I too have him in a couple playoff leagues and was bummed when he went down.  I've heard quite a few in the media and here in The Huddle slam him for various reasons over the last two years.  Some say he is soft, doesn't always play hard, and now he's being a jake for not coming back in the game after being concussed.

I think SA sometimes makes the RB postition look effortless, he waits for his blocking to progress before he hits the hole, so it seems like his not running hard.  If you followed his games over the last few years, he has had some slow starts but usually finishes strong after the defense is worn down a bit.  I know Seattle has a good O-line and but SA has made the most of his opportunities - the stats don't lie. :D

1273977[/snapback]

no of course the stats dont lie. Alexander is the man, and was the man of men this year. King of kings.

The problem is i have nothing to support my opinion this time, except the way he was jumping around.

I've never been concussed, never been really exposed to it up close, so honestly, I dont know the first thing about it. I didn't do ANY research on concussions. I was not doubting him being concussed, or even being disoriented. I just thought, in the playoffs, the most important part of winning offense, needs to be out there. It could potentially be "now or never" for SEA. I just thought he looked awfully content being on the sidelines.

I've suffered 2 concussions in my life.  I don't ever remember them happening or what happened directly following each for about 30-60 mins.  If Shaun suffered a concussion I don't find it odd that he was held out of the game.  I felt fine about an hour after both of mine but I'm sure if I took another shot to the head I would have been in big time trouble.  The doctor's made the right call and he should be ready to play this week.

1273312[/snapback]

I dont believe any other comment has ever put me in my place faster. :D

Based on what you're saying, and it sounds like you would know, you didn't see anything wrong with Alexander's actions. I know i haven't seen alot of (or any actually) NFL players get a concussion and then jump around after half time like a cheerleader, but perhaps he truly just felt better. I applaud you. That was a perfect post expressing your argument. :D

This is just one more example of how devastating and debilitating concussions can be: Kurt Warner against the Giants when he suffered a concussion early in the game in 2003.

Link

Martz, of course, laid it all squarely on the concussion. "He just didn't seem himself," he said. "He just never was right. I shouldn't have played him." Warner was examined after complaining of headaches at halftime and was cleared to play the second half. Martz says he wasn't aware of Warner's injury until just before the third quarter. In the first half, Warner had said he was having problems understanding the play calls; the Rams figured the difficulty was in his helmet communications device, not his brain.

Post-concussion Warner was awful. He tossed a dreadful interception and fumbled five more times, losing three, including one in the end zone that the Giants recovered for a touchdown. His mistakes led to 13 Giants points in a game his team lost, 23-13. He threw behind receivers, at their feet, over their heads. At times, he seemed on the verge of gaining some sort of rhythm, then would lapse back into some stranger masquerading in his uniform. His final statistics--34-of-54 for 342 yards and one touchdown--are grossly misleading. More telling: His quarterback rating of 79.4 is closer to last year's rating of 67.4 than his career mark of 98.2. Even the fumble in the end zone could have been avoided if he had thrown away the ball, which he should have done, considering the considerable time he had to see there were no open receivers. It was a mistake of an unsure player, not a veteran quarterback.

It's not something that teams are willing to take chances on anymore.

I am always happy to waste 5 minutes of my life on you people, its what makes my worthless pathetic excuse of a life worth living. And i agree, Alexander looked like crud in that game, him being concussed was a blessing for the Hawks. Maybe this week Shaun dont come out scared that what EVERYONE says about him is true, he benefits from the leagues best O-Line, falters in big games or against tough teams, and sucks in the playoffs. He had the look of a man to me that had his head in the wrong place to begin with in that game, so itll be interesting to see how he fares this week. This is yet another chance for him to prove himself, can he handle the pressure?

And dont get me started on his "record setting" regular season. Seattles schedule was a joke, Samkon Gado may have put up 30 scores for the Seahawks this year, but nobody will ever know, because its Alexander who gets the ball behind that stud line against all them scrubby teams.

Tell me who he beat up on that was so tough?

1277302[/snapback]

here here :D

So, can any of you Carolina fans explain why they should win?  So far I'm just hearing why the Seahawks should lose.

1279848[/snapback]

Because they have a history of winning tough playoff games on the road. If you dont believe me, ask STL, Philly, Giants, and Bears fans...hell, they have gone through roughly 1/4 of the teams in the NFC!!

Next road playoff game that John Fox and Jake Delhomme lose will be their first...

And not to mention the Seagulls dont exactly have a history of winning tough playoffs games...

And for the record, I couldn't agree more with the initial post of this forum...and I really dont care if that ticks people off...until Shuana shows me otherwise, the guy is soft and disappears come playoff time. Call him the A-Rod of the NFL!!